Hacking Updating to the latest HBC.

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to update, but I don't want to rehack. Do I have to rehack my Wii? I just want to update my HBC, nothing else.
How do I do this? Download the latest HackMii installer, then click install Homebrew channel? Or is it more advanced? (am I supposed to remove the HBC before re installing via HackMii?)

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
download the .zip file. Extract it to sd:/apps/whateverfuckingfoldername/ and make sure that it is in the end showing up sd:/apps/whateverfuckingfoldername/boot.dol

Run the installer. HBC is not much different. If you already have it then there is no NEED to update.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How would updating a hack force you to re-hack?
Anyway, even that's overcomplicating things. Simply launch the HBC on the Wii when it's connected to the Internet and you will see an update screen.

EDIT: Minor correction to DeadlyFoez's comment: Doesn't the Hackmii installer come as an ELF?

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys. I have wifi on my wii. So I'll update via HBC. I know basically nothing when it comes to this stuff. thats why programs like ModMii (thank you XFlak :D) are so common. Cause theyre user friendly, for noobs.

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did I do this right?
1. Opened HBC.
2. Clicked Yes, updated.
3. Downloaded the update.
4. It opened the HackMii installer.
5. I clicked install HBC.

Theres a new font, so I know it worked, but was I supposed to uninstall the old HBC first, or does it just overwrite it?

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u might want to also update your bootmii @ boot2 installation (if applicable)
I have Bootmii as IOS, :(
I don't think I should, but Nintendo updated some stuff when I sent in my Wii after the disc drive stopped working (before I installed hbc)
my wii is from early 2007

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Plus a lot of the times they just seemed half hearted attempts