Hacking Updating to System Menu 4.1

nilum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently I am using Version 3.4U, but I've been following a tutorial that suggests I install preloader to use its hacks, but there are only hacks for 4.1 and 4.2 available.

I have read that I don't want to upgrade to 4.2 so is there a way to upgrade to 4.1 instead of 4.2?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use waninkoko's 4.1 updater, followed by DoP-IOS to ensure you have the latest version off your IOS's. The 4.1 updater misses a couple.

or you can wait for the new bannerbomb/hackmii/preloader versions to come out, which will probably be before the weekend, and just update through Nintendo followed by hacking your Wii again.

nilum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks.

I ran the installer and the system menu still says 3.4U.

Do I need to run something else before this?

Also I tried using DOP-ISO, but wasn't sure which IOS to select on the menu.

I tried following this link, but I kept getting this error:

Error: Something Failed

I would get that error for every IOS. Then after getting that error... and trying a different IOS it would have a different error (something about failing to create a temp directory) and then it would crash to the homebrew channel.

I am guessing this is because the firmware update failed?

Edit: I ran the firmware update again, and when it gets to installing "System Menu 4.1U" ir comes up with this error:

ERROR!(ret = -1036)

nilum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay.

I found out I need to install IOS60 Patched. I found the wad and tried using Wad Manager to install it but I get this error:

Error! (ret = -1036)

:\

Edit: ><

nm had wrong wad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.