Hacking Updating to latest 11.3 version on 3DS. safe or nah??

muzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So i have already installed a CFW with A9LH and also have Homebrew, Luma3ds (Which i still don't know what they do:D) and FBI on it.

But now there is a new system update available and to update any games i first need to update my 3DS to the latest version possible..

Is it safe to do this? If not, how do i update and play my games?

muzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I already had Luma3DS V6.6. Was really scary and felt really weird upgrading my 3DS XD

But thx guys, really stupid thread but i couldn't find an answer so beter safe than sorry :)

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I already had Luma3DS V6.6. Was really scary and felt really weird upgrading my 3DS XD

But thanks guys, really stupid thread but I couldn't find an answer so better safe than sorry :)
It's not that stupid. There were people who were still using Gateway who got bricked because it really, really doesn't support 11.3. Some people in this community took to calling it Brickway for a long time because they knew this would happen eventually.

But any CFW with proper FIRM protection (AKA not Brickway) was safe from that, even if it couldn't actually boot 11.3. Luma was extra nice because it worked without needing an update.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Actually, currently all active CFWs support 11.3, not just luma3DS. So as long as you are up to date on your current CFW, you will be fine.
If you are on RXTools or using Gateway 3DS, you can not update to 11.3 due to the NATIVE_FIRM requirement. Gateway also lacks a FIRM0/1 protection, so updating your sysNAND with Gateway will result in removing A9LH and possibly brick your system.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm more shocked at the fact luma is still on 6.6 for so long, I keep seeing videos of stuff in luma i don't have yet. O_O

Not that i understand this native_firm thing, but corbenik requires it correct? Does it need it for all 3 3DS/NDS/GBA part to work again on the 11.3 firmware on any other CFW that isn't luma?

N7Kopper

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually, currently all active CFWs support 11.3, not just luma3DS. So as long as you are up to date on your current CFW, you will be fine.
Luma was extra nice because it worked without needing an update.
You know your way around this stuff, Crystal, but your skim reading skills could use a little work. :P

Last edited by N7Kopper,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You know your way around this stuff, Crystal, but your skim reading skills could use a little work. :P
Nah, I only came in to clarify that all active CFWs support 11.3. A lot of people seem to forget that there's more than just Luma3DS and that those projects are both active and actively being used.

N7Kopper

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nah, I only came in to clarify that all active CFWs support 11.3. A lot of people seem to forget that there's more than just Luma3DS and that those projects are both active and actively being used.
Fair enough.
I'm not one of those people, but I've seen enough of them around here.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Last edited by The Catboy,

LanzHeim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
If you play OOT or have a n3DS and want to keep using homebrew I suggest updating to the latest hourly of Luma to fix the framerate issues in OOT and the inability to use homebrew with the clock or clock+l2 setting enabled. If the latest hourly doesn't work then this one will https://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/builds/Luma-5f8a6120.zip .

Seriously mate? To be honest the framerate issue on OOT was the only thing keeping me away from 11.3. But if the latest hourly fixes that I have to try it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hii