c0dehunter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,
I am currently running Atmosphère 0.19.4 (OFW 12.0.3.), and I need to update to the newer version of Atmosphère.

1) Which version of Atmosphère do you recommend? (has support for latest games, such as Bayonetta 3)

2) Kindly provide a link to tutorial how to update my Atmosphère

Thanks in advance!

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
1: Remove your sd card from your switch and put in a computer.
2: Completely remove the Atmosphere folder and all it's sub folders and files.
3: Download the latest Atmosphere and fusee.bin from github.
4: Extract and place the new Atmosphere on the root of the sd card, also download the latest sigpatches and put them in the relevant folders.
5: Boot your switch and test your installed games launch, if not you have done something wrong.

NEW games are dependent on the newer switch firmware - so you may need to update the firmware as well if you find a game isn't launching.

jnl1

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would stick with AMS 1.3.2 and OFW 14.1.2.
With that setup all new games work and all good homebrews (like fizeau, nxthemes, ...) are still functioning.

Reactions: impeeza

c0dehunter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, thanks for the recommendation.

Question:
Do I need an updated hekate_ctcaer payload (using TegraRCM GUI to upload the payload)
for my current setup, I believe I am using payload-atmosphere.bin

Thanks!

Last edited by c0dehunter,

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all good homebrews (like fizeau, nxthemes, ...) are still functioning
Most common plugins and homebrews that are bound to break after major system update like nxthemesInstaller and mission control are updated to support 15.0.0.
Others still work just fine, like tesla menu, saltysd and sys-clk.
Fizeau is broken since 14.0.0 but the temp fix still works in 15.0.0 and you need to change settings in tesla menu. Don't think the author would bother updating it to support 15.0.0 as the project seems to be abandoned.
There's no reason not to update to 15.0.0, at least all the stuff I use still work or have been updated.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Question:
Do I need an updated hekate_ctcaer payload (using TegraRCM GUI to upload the payload)

Thanks!
it’s not a bad idea to update your payload at the same time. It will likely work without I but there is an extra step that Hekate does to update and it’s easy enough to upgrade your payload so why not?
Most common plugins and homebrews that are bound to break after major system update like nxthemesInstaller and mission control are updated to support 15.0.0.
Others still work just fine, like tesla menu, saltysd and sys-clk.
Fizeau is broken since 14.0.0 but the temp fix still works in 15.0.0 and you need to change settings in tesla menu. Don't think the author would bother updating it to support 15.0.0 as the project seems to be abandoned.
There's no reason not to update to 15.0.0, at least all the stuff I use still work or have been updated.
agree 100%. I’ve been through a shit ton of sysmods and homebrews and at this point everything works, has an update, or has a workaround. So while it‘s still a good idea to hold off upgrading until absolutely necessary to play a specific game, there’s no need to fear 15.0.1 Firmware if you find yourself in that spot. :-)

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4: Extract and place the new Atmosphere on the root of the sd card, also download the latest sigpatches and put them in the relevant folders.
5: Boot your switch and test your installed games launch, if not you have done something wrong.

NEW games are dependent on the newer switch firmware - so you may need to update the firmware as well if you find a game isn't launching.
talk about very unnecessary hekate has a usb mode and there is zero reason to remove the atmosphere folder if there is an actual conflict it will tell you the problem folder at boot and then you can just remove that folder with usb mode
Post automatically merged:

Question:

Thanks!
no just drag and drop the newest version of hekate onto your switch doesn't matter what one you inject with it will just activate the version you have on your switch hell I still use 5.5.8 to inject with because as I said it doesn't matter

Last edited by deathblade200,

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
talk about very unnecessary hekate has a usb mode and there is zero reason to remove the atmosphere folder if there is an actual conflict it will tell you the problem folder at boot and then you can just remove that folder with usb mode
The OP didn't state he had hekate installed, and if he didn't he would use the method I posted above. Please read posts carefully before jumping to conclusions as you'll only end up confusing people.

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this bookmarked, it provides the latest updated links to Atmosphere & Hekate, and walks you thru how to update, easy to follow and right to the point.

https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/updating/

Here, have a cheat sheet lol [Just a screenshot of the page haha, I keep it on my switch so it's always there to remind me. XD

Attachments

• How To Update Your CFW [Nintendo Switch Cheat Sheet].png
    How To Update Your CFW [Nintendo Switch Cheat Sheet].png
    260 KB · Views: 111
Last edited by JayBae,
Reactions: impeeza and Robru1

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The OP didn't state he had hekate installed, and if he didn't he would use the method I posted above. Please read posts carefully before jumping to conclusions as you'll only end up confusing people.
because its better to tell somebody to possibly ruin their sd slot instead of assuming they have hekate or letting them ask about hekate after you tell them? in general there is zero reason not to at least have hekate on the sd for situations like this

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this bookmarked, it provides the latest updated links to Atmosphere & Hekate, and walks you thru how to update, easy to follow and right to the point.

https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/updating/

Here, have a cheat sheet lol [Just a screenshot of the page haha, I keep it on my switch so it's always there to remind me. XD
Try not to recommend that guide for inexperienced people, as they don't tell you how to update/install sigpatches and that would only lead to more confusion in the future. Use rentry's guide instead.
Or just use aio packages like sthetix's hats pack or shallow sea.

c0dehunter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guide on YouTube is actually seem very simple and straightforward, I think I am going to give AIO and Daybreak a shot, as both seem to be doing the exact thing that I want to accomplish:

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guide on YouTube is actually seem very simple and straightforward, I think I am going to give AIO and Daybreak a shot, as both seem to be doing the exact thing that I want to accomplish:

It‘s a year old. Hard for authors to update videos once they are published.

Recommend a text version that’s up to date like https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy (it uses datbreak.nro for updating Firmware)

AIO is good when you understand everything and know what to do if it breaks. It‘s a very fast way to update but you can get in over your head.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It‘s a year old. Hard for authors to update videos once they are published.

Recommend a text version that’s up to date like https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy (it uses datbreak.nro for updating Firmware)

AIO is good when you understand everything and know what to do if it breaks. It‘s a very fast way to update but you can get in over your head.
I'd never recommend a AIO they do nothing but cause more problems and confusion not to mention a lot of them like to force their morals onto you

c0dehunter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I have followed your guide:

When I go to System Upate to check the CFW revision, I get a message (small letter, gray colored):

! System Update is ready.

The only place that I can confirm my CFW revision is AIO Updater:

It reports that I am indeed on 1.3.2|S

(my OFW is still 12.0.3, as I am going to update it last, via Daybreak)

If I attempt to update the CFW via AIO Updater (which only allows me to download the latest version of Atmosphere which is 1.4.0) is goes through the download step, then ask if I want to overwrite the .ini, and then finally confirms if I want to delete custom sysmodules, then it crashes my Switch. (rows of error message appear on the screen)

Questions:

1)
Why System Update does not report my actual CFW revision?

2) Is it safe at this point that I go ahead and install OFW via Daybreak? (I am planning to upgrade to 14.1.2)

3) When I boot into Hekate, and click on Launch I get 3 choices:

CFW -sysMMC

CFW - emuMMC

Stock - sysMMC

If I choose CFW - emuMMC, I get:

emuMMC is force but not enabled!
Failed to launch HOS!

press any key...

Is this normal?

the only way for me is to click on CFW -sysMMC, which it boots me to Atmosphere. Is this the correct / safe method for booting into CFW?

Please help!

Last edited by c0dehunter,

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I have followed your guide:

When I go to System Upate to check the CFW revision, I get a message (small letter, gray colored):

! System Update is ready.

The only place that I can confirm my CFW is AIO Updater:

It reports that I am indeed on 1.3.2|S

(my OFW is still 12.0.3, as I am going to update it last, via Daybreak)

If I attempt to update the CFW via AIO Updater (which only allows me to download the latest version of Atmosphere which is 1.4.0) is goes through the download step, then ask if I want to overwite the .ini, and then confirms if I want to delete custom sysmodules, then my Switch crashes.

2 Questions:

1) Why System Upate does not report my actual CFW revision?

2) Is it safe at this point that I go ahead and install OFW via Daybreak? (I am planning to upgrade to 14.1.2)

Please help!
before you do anything make sure you have the newest versions of atmosphere and hekate on your sd as well as the newest sig patches then you can proceed to update via daybreak. and I say all the time to NEVER use AIO they like to fuck with more than they should they feel more like a virus to me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs