Updating to 6.0.1 from 5.1.0 with SX OS 1.9

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by nellj, Oct 14, 2018.

1. nellj
    OP

nellj Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2007
    United States
    Hey Guys,

With the new implementation of Emunand and Sysnand with SX OS, I definitely want to take advantage of it. Here's where I'm at with my switch:

SX OS 1.9 (I know the latest version os 2.0, but I haven't updated it yet)
    Switch FW 5.1.0 (Not sure if I have any burned fuses. I only ever updated once to 5.1.0 prior to installing CFW)
    Not Banned, nor do I play online. I do have a mix of NSP and XCI games

My question would be, what path do I need to take to update the FW to 6.0.1 and go about setting up Emunand and keeping sysnand online without screwing anything up. (I have a guide on here I will be following for SX OS users, but can't post the link).

Thanks

2. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    Considering that you're on 5.1.0 and don't care about online, Emunand is completely useless to you. Besides, why would you want to keep your sysnand online if you don't play online? As for the update, use ChoiDuJourNX, you'l have to track down the update file on your own though

3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Firmware 6.0's only benefits outside of online play are literally Toad icons and sleep mode is actually somewhat broken on OFW so why the need to update? 5.1 is still the best firmware for CFW plus you just stated you don't care about being banned nor playing online. In that case, EmuNAND is worthless to you and will only take up unnecessary space on your NAND. You're better off just staying on 5.1 and maybe using SX OS V2.0.1 (its more stable than V2.0 and V2.1)

4. nellj
    OP

nellj Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2007
    United States
    My son wants to play Fortnite online. It's really the only reason.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I guess I will stay on 5.1.0. Thanks. As for Emunand. My son wants to play Fortnite online with his friend who has a OFW switch.

5. lostalice

lostalice Member

Newcomer
    May 13, 2018
    United States
    at this point your kid shouldnt really care about that shit game anyway

6. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    Then don't hack your system. Emunand isn't going to protect you from a ban and if you play online with traces of CFW, any CFW on your system that's just asking for a ban

Don't, no one asked for your opinion on the game. Kids like Fortnite, let them play it

7. nellj
    OP

nellj Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2007
    United States
    ^_^

Thanks for clearing up Emunand.