Hacking Updating to 5.1.0 from 4.1.0, Should i use ChoiDuJourNX? or Another Tool?

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello;

So since i got my switch i sued ChoiDuJour to upgrade it to 4.1.0 from 4.0.1 [This to include ExFat], now, i do need the 5.1.0 as most of the new games need this to be able to install using their NSP via Tinfoil, such as Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition, SNK Heroines, among others.

So, assuming there is a WarmBoot coming for 4.1.0, should i use ChoiDuJourNX to jump to 5.1.0 without burning fusses? aka using brickmii? or do i need to follow the old guide dumping the nand etc etc, and yes i do have a 4.1.0 nand backup c:

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, just update your firmware to 5.1 using ChoiDujourNX. Easiest way to update the system by far. I did it to update my console to firmware 6.0 (mostly for testing purposes) and my fuse count is still at 5.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, just update your firmware to 5.1 using ChoiDujourNX. Easiest way to update the system by far. I did it to update my console to firmware 6.0 (mostly for testing purposes) and my fuse count is still at 5.
The catch is that you cant boot to horizon directly, right? you need to always pass from a payload that patches the efuse count, aka ReiNX or Hekate.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The catch is that you cant boot to horizon directly, right? you need to always pass from a payload that patches the efuse count, aka ReiNX or Hekate.
Correct. This may or may not be an issue depending on how you use your console and/or whatever devices you have that can send payloads. Alternatively, you can just use sleep mode a lot.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're using ChoiDuJourNX to update and install AutoRCM so you don't burn any additional efuses, then there's no reason not to update to 6.0.0 instead of 5.1.0.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're using ChoiDuJourNX to update and install AutoRCM so you don't burn any additional efuses, then there's no reason not to update to 6.0.0 instead of 5.1.0.
Compatibility on Homebrew? perhaps? O: dont known if 6.0 broke alot of things, but i dont really need 6.0 unless the apps i normally use, do work correctly.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I can think of 2 reasons:
  1. For the poor souls who want to use DevMenu to change their icons, they must use firmware 5.1
  2. If a console updated to firmware 6.0 using ChoiDujourNX and is connected online without a DNS server redirecting the telemetry URLs, that can flag the user for a ban since its possible to be on firmware 6.0 offline without hacking. In fact, this may have led to 2 bans documented on the Spreadsheet

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I can think of 2 reasons:
  1. For the poor souls who want to use DevMenu to change their icons, they must use firmware 5.1
  2. If a console updated to firmware 6.0 using ChoiDujourNX and is connected online without a DNS server redirecting the telemetry URLs, that can flag the user for a ban since its possible to be on firmware 6.0 offline without hacking. In fact, this may have led to 2 bans documented on the Spreadsheet
Regarding #2, the OP is already likely to get banned (if not banned already) if he or she is installing NSP files and connecting to the internet.

Compatibility on Homebrew? perhaps? O: dont known if 6.0 broke alot of things, but i dont really need 6.0 unless the apps i normally use, do work correctly.
6.0.0 didn't break anything significant that hasn't already been fixed. Future games will also require it soon enough.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding #2, the OP is already likely to get banned (if not banned already) if he or she is installing NSP files and connecting to the internet.
Possibly but if OP has remained offline this entire time (or used a custom DNS server to block Nintendo's telemetry) then they can restore a clean NAND before they go online to avoid being banned. Which I just now realize makes point #2 sort of moot but its ever so slightly safer to connect online with a console updated with ChoiDujourNX to 5.1 than 6.0

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possibly but if OP has remained offline this entire time (or used a custom DNS server to block Nintendo's telemetry) then they can restore a clean NAND before they go online to avoid being banned. Which I just now realize makes point #2 sort of moot but its ever so slightly safer to connect online with a console updated with ChoiDujourNX to 5.1 than 6.0
i've been offline this entire time lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte