Loko4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.loko4.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, my cousin get today a 3ds in 1.0.0.0U so the only option to update to 4.x is via a cartridge since he cannot update using a cartridge 5x or more than downgrade because his browser wont work yet.

I right now dont have a cartridge in 4.x. However Luigi's Mansion - Dark Moon and Mario Tennis has a option of play together using Download and Play.

I'm planning use my 3ds with gateway to update his using this function, anyone know if it is possible?

MrStoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a quote from gamefaqs: "If you are using a retail Game Card with Download Play and a client system has a system version older than what the Game Card update is, the Game Card update will be sent to the client. This doesn't occur with downloaded titles (you'll be told to update from the System Settings in that case)."

here is the thread: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/70449283

Reactions: Loko4

Loko4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.loko4.com
XP
Country
Brazil
This is a quote from gamefaqs: "If you are using a retail Game Card with Download Play and a client system has a system version older than what the Game Card update is, the Game Card update will be sent to the client. This doesn't occur with downloaded titles (you'll be told to update from the System Settings in that case)."

here is the thread: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/70449283

Thanks so if I use Gateway 3ds, and a a rom like Mario tennis in .3ds or .3dz should be considered like a cartridge.

If I use Gateway 3ds and Mario tennis in .cia format should considered like a download game, right?

I'm asking to know if anyone already tried.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
It doesn't transfer any update pack.
It just reminds you upgrading firmware to that version.
If it worked, we would have already widely used it for a long time.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China

Loko4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.loko4.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Nope, it will update your system to the version on the game's cart. See: http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Download_Play#Remote_Distribution_of_System-Updates

That being said, make sure you don't add any wifi connections before doing this just in case.
Nice hint, I will be sure to check that.

my question is how, in 2015, your cousin found a 1.0.0.0U 3DS
I thought the same, he bought used so the last owner probably didnt played a lot

Edit: Dont work, ask for update but will never finish the update

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Wanna sword fight ssds mines longer