Updating to 4.2, how am I doing?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Chevellefan90, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Chevellefan90
    OP

Chevellefan90 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2010
    United States
    Hello everyone, I'm very new to this, I have just received as a Wii from a friend as a very strange gift. He was half way through soft modding it. So it's at version 3.4u. but I think 4.2 is where I want to be to be able to run back ups off the newest NeoGamma.

So I tried to run a back up, but to no avail, my version of NeoGamma was only 0.3 and I got a green screen. So I assumed updating to this newest system Menu and IOS and then the newest NeoGamma will help me out.

So when I came this far, I assumed "Revirginizing" and going from there would be the best way to go, but then when I was reading this guide. I saw that if I was just going to re-hack it, then I should just update it from there. I was just worried that whatever IOS's on the Wii right now would brick it during the update. Should I be worried?

I'm following the simple update guide: So I put DOP-Mii on there and the 4.2 System Menu and the IOS70 with it. But when trying to run DOP-Mii, I couldn't select IOS36 and I got an error, telling me to pick an IOS that I could actually use.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... how am I doing? Could someone tell me what to do next, OR, should I do something completely different.

Thanks for the help guys.

2. xzxero

xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

Jul 18, 2008
    United States
    SB
    you shouldnt revirginize your wii.

just update via nintendo or my guide, then proceed to actually modify it [trucha bug, cIOS, etc.]

anything done before will be overwritten.

3. TRushInfo

TRushInfo Banned

Banned
    Jun 13, 2009
    United States
    I want to kill the person who started ppl virginizing and then hacking right after.

4. Chevellefan90
    OP

Chevellefan90 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2010
    United States
    Just wanted to let you know I successfully updated to 4.2 so far. You're guide is a life saver. [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice