Updating to 3.60: Anything need to be removed?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by wsquan171, Dec 1, 2016.

1. wsquan171
    OP

wsquan171 GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron
    wsquan171 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 14, 2015
    China
    Hello guys. I'm new to the Vita scene.
    I'm currently on 3.55, having TN-V and ARK installed. With the new adrenaline coming out, I see no need staying on 3.55 anymore.

However, before I update, do I need to remove all iso's I installed on TN-V? I'm worried if I can't do so on 3.60. Also, on 3.60, can I install adrenaline directly and overwrite the current TN-V setup, or I have to re-install those PSP games? Thank you.

2. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Londoner , Living In Louisiana ...
    just make sure u have a PSP demo or Game on your Vita ... and you should be alright ..., im new to the scene also & ive only hacked my vita when it was on 3.60 .. all previous Vita Hacking ..... is not known to me but im sure someone with more knowledge will answer your question & adrenaline is OUT NOW .. & its awesome if u have said PSP Game or demo i highly recommend you use the

Adrenaline EasyInstaller

http://wololo.net/2016/11/22/adrenaline-easyinstaller-solve-adrenaline-installation-woes/

& u need Taihenkaku... to make it work.. it wont work with Henkaku

Last edited by SuperDan, Dec 1, 2016
  3. wsquan171
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Feb 14, 2015
    China
    thanks for the reply. seems a lot of cool stuffs are released recently for 3.60, but I'm also pretty sure if I can't remove TN-V and ARK now on 3.55 it'l be lot harder to do so on 3.60. I'll try to dig around and see if there's and tutorials that can help me manually remove those hacks.

anyways welcome to the hack scene and hope you enjoy :)

SuperDan likes this.
  4. Ganoncrotch

Ganoncrotch GBAtemp Regular

Oct 21, 2016
    If you are worried about them being on the memory card wasting space mate, with HenKAKU you can get full access to every bit of the card and delete the iso's from inside Filezilla after you have it all set up, so don't worry about leaving big files there taking up space, if that is the concern you have? With the file transfer method to the Vita using HenKAKU you can delete everything and anything on the memory card... or the systems own internal storage (very bad thing, do not do this)

5. wsquan171
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Feb 14, 2015
    China
    Yeah you're right. Originally I thought by removing TNV I'll be able to restore the PSP game ready to be used as adrenaline base. However, after I reviewed the installation process I found re-installing the PSP game is the only way to get back a clean copy. Probably I'll just get rid of those bubbles on 3.55 then directly head up to 3.60.