Gaming Updating to 11.8

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi,

should I update my hacked N3DS with b9s to 11.8? I have only one pirated game and one gba game installed.,other games I own. Is there a chance for me to get banned? I don't go online with pirated game.

Escorpion

Balamb Seed
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi,

should I update my hacked N3DS with b9s to 11.8? I have only one pirated game and one gba game installed.,other games I own. Is there a chance for me to get banned? I don't go online with pirated game.
I am on 11.8 and play all my pirated games online, without get banned. The thing is, that you have to play online, only with the pirated games that you have own as Cias, to install it with Fbi. At least that is my opinion, and trust me, i have my 3ds for Yeears, even in the time´s when we need to use RXTools so... if you don´t mess with eshop stuff and that things, you will have no problems as me.
Psdt: for 11.8 you need to update ur Boot.3ds file, aand don´t forget to update Luma to the latest version.

Last edited by Escorpion,

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm not using freeshop anyway. Also, should I first update system and then luma and boot or vice versa?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also I dont remember how i was updating boot.3ds. Is that payload which I'm downloading from this site? http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

In a case if yes, then there isn't option for 11.8. Is 11.7 fine?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) That site is for ninjhax. deprecated since b9s (or rather since Luma /w Rosalina +HBL from the same day)
2) It's Boot.3dsx, not .3ds, and that would be HBL
3) Luma is Boot.firm

dunno if the latest commit was posted anywhere or not, but you can build it yourself pretty easily. Check out the link in my sig.

Last edited by urherenow,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So on the end, how do I update?
Through the system settings, like every other update before.
Side note, 11.8 doesn't increase your risk of getting banned. Nintendo only added a security check via games installing through sleep mode, which is no longer an issue since they also added server side security checks blocking freeShop. It doesn't matter if you are playing pirated games on 11.8 or below, you risk of getting banned is the same. Which is to say extremely slim, but still possible since you've already hacked your system.

Last edited by The Catboy,

mike a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Backup your nand, update Luma, then update your system. By not updating your basically banning yourself from online play

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Guy above said that i can only get banned with freeshop games. If I have real cartridge i can still get banned?

mike a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No lol, and you're probably not gonna get banned from freeshop games either, it's games from that ISO site that could get you banned. Freeshop games are straight from Nintendos server, ISO site games are not

You gave to go to github and get the newest Luna updater. The route your updater has, is changed, so you have to go there and get the new one. Btw, get the new FBI also because that one changed too.

Last edited by mike a,

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I can't update luma version. Everytime when i "install it" it says press start to restart console and when i come back on luma updater it says currently installed version 7.0 and latest is 9.1. Should I first update FW on console and then luma?

Escorpion

Balamb Seed
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Also my Lumaupdater crashes. Any help about this as well?
Look, https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-luma-updater.471739/ Download the latest version of lumaupdater and update ur luma. After you do that, don´t turn it on, cause first you need to update you´re boot.firm or it will not start on 11.8: https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-fir...support-for-luma3ds-fix-now-available.513283/ Here you have the files, that i have downloaded myself when i was updating to 11.8 (after that go ahead and update ur console). Aaand finally, yes, i recommend to only play online games if those are the original buyed ones, or the pirated ones but installed with Fbi on Cia´s format. Also, don´t access the eshop to update pirated games or anything like that.

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
So, I downloaded latest version of FBI and LumaUpdater. After installing both of cias I removed old LumaUpdater and now whenever i want to update luma version i got problem described above:

"I can't update luma version. Everytime when i "install it" it says press start to restart console and when i come back on luma updater it says currently installed version 7.0 and latest is 9.1. Should I first update FW on console and then luma?"

***NVM i noticed I need to update B9S to update luma above 8.1

Escorpion

Balamb Seed
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
So, I downloaded latest version of FBI and LumaUpdater. After installing both of cias I removed old LumaUpdater and now whenever i want to update luma version i got problem described above:

"I can't update luma version. Everytime when i "install it" it says press start to restart console and when i come back on luma updater it says currently installed version 7.0 and latest is 9.1. Should I first update FW on console and then luma?"

***NVM i noticed I need to update B9S to update luma above 8.1
Yes. Here https://3ds.hacks.guide/updating-b9s you can find how to update B9S

Psdt: after that, (having luma updated to the latest), you will need to change the boot.firm that you can download here https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-fir...support-for-luma3ds-fix-now-available.513283/... Because this boot.firm is compatible with 11.8 or it will not start. And then, go ahead and update you´re 3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling.