Hacking Updating system firmware (Ipatched, kosomos, atmosphere, emummc)

Yaakovchenz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hi,

Sorry for the noob question, I have an ipatched switch (in order to get to cfw I use pegascape, caffeine etc.). I have atmosphere and kosmos, and i updated kosmos to the latest version (16) through the kosmos updater. I can't install some new games, and I think that I need to update my system firmware of my CFW (does that make sense?). On HEKATE I can get to emummc which I use and show system version" 8.1.0 AMS 0.12.0JE. I can also get to sysnand which have version 4 and to emunand which have system version 4 and atmosphere (I never used it). I don't use online and don't inetnd to in the future. Thanks

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Do not update your sysnand firmware, you will lose the ability to use pegascape/caffeine.

First download the firmware you want to install (can be found from a certain site, not sure i can mention it). Rename the folder to firmware and place it on the root of your sd card. Then on ur sdcard, go to atmosphere folder, create a folder called flags (if its not there). Create a text file and rename it to hbl_bis_write.flag and make sure the extension is .flag (NOT hbl_bis_write.flag.txt). Then check if u have the latest ChoidujourNX in ur switch folder.

Now run pegascape and go to hekate and make sure you go into emummc! You can double check this in settings and in the firmware it will have an E at the end of the firmware (indicating emummc), if you see an S then youre in sysnand. S

after ensuring youre in emummc run choidujournx, select desired firmware and choose either exfat or the other option (fat32) depending on how you have formatted your sd card. AutoRCM should automatically be disabled but double check it. Then install :) after you can delete the hbl_bis_write.flag file and firmware folder!

fisticuffs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize for highjacking this thread but I have a similar issue I was hoping someone with more experience could provide a little info. I have an ipatched switch and use the fake news injector to get to hakate. I haven't updated in a while and wanted to start with a fresh install. I DL'd the latest atmosphere, hakate etc and throw them on the sd card and it boots right into atmosphere and im sure im on the system nand. Tried rebooting to payload and it just black screens. I'm comfortable with hakate and want to boot into that then launch emmc nand and update to 10.2.
any ideas what I'm doing wrong ?

EDIT: nevermind I overlooked the hekate_ipl.ini file in the bootloader. I just copied over the folders and didnt pay attention that it was not in there. Now my super mario odyssey can't be read, it's been awhile since I messed with it. Thank you anyways

Last edited by fisticuffs,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone