Hacking Question Updating SysNAND while retaining AutoRCM (And no ban)?

SpencerlyEverly

Spencer Everly
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Currently, I have the latest update on SysNAND, running on my Switch (9.0.1) with AutoRCM enabled. Same goes for EmuNAND. It's also an unpatched system, so I can still AutoRCM it back if I still have the jig (I did that about 5-6 times during the lifespan of my console)

Although, if you update on SysNAND with AutoRCM using Nintendo's updater, it'll reset the AutoRCM. So you'll have to use ChoiDujourNX.

Now, there's a little problem when it comes to this. I've heard of the risks of running Homebrew on EmuNAND, which would be the same result on SysNAND if you used CFW on it. Since you have to run Homebrew to run ChoiDujourNX, how am I supposed to run it AND not get the risk of getting banned online?

My theory is that I have to do an DNS block on SysNAND, go on CFW, update the firmware, then switch back to stock, and play a few of my games offline until a few days have passed to remove the DNS settings (With a less risk of bans). But if there is any better way to update it (Since my SysNAND had an NNID linked), just let me know.

I would like to take up on what's best to do for the next time Nintendo releases another system update! I just wanted to ask this first before Nintendo releases another update in the future

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also keep the jig inserted when you update officially, and keep vol+ pressed while it reboots to reinstall autorcm, it won't burn any fuse.

Zap Rowsdower

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now I'm not sure if the same applies to 'Hekate stock' which disables some of Atmosphere's kernel patching, (I do know it does lose the ability reboot to payload from horizon's power button menu) so make sure you're booting just plain extracted release of Atmosphere when updating.

SpencerlyEverly

Spencer Everly
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Now I'm not sure if the same applies to 'Hekate stock' which disables some of Atmosphere's kernel patching, (I do know it does lose the ability reboot to payload from horizon's power button menu) so make sure you're booting just plain extracted release of Atmosphere when updating.
Does that mean just boot the payload with no configurations?

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using choi-dujour (offline) to update sysnand and not banned yet. Although running official update through atmosphere sounds better. Just have to watch that you don't boot up a new update in atmosphere that atmos isn't compatible with yet, someone claimed to have gotten banned that way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2