Updating sys menu 3.3 tot 4.2. HBC won't install

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Clover82, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Clover82
    OP

Clover82 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2011
    United States
    After already a long time reading as anonimous visitor now decided to sign up for an account.. (as i need some help obviously)

I'm having a problem updating a wii with sys menu 3.3E to 4.2.

I have softmodded some wii's before, succesfully, but those were all already on 4.2

So now i understood from the manuals that i first need to upgrade to 4.2 via DOP-Mii, which runs via the HBC. So i first need to get the HBC installed, and this is where i get stuck already.
    I took a 2GB SD card, formatted to FAT32, copied boot.elf from hackmii_installer_v.08 onto the root of the SD card. then copied the private folder from bannerbomb abd6a_v200. then on the wii, clicked the wii icon, Data Management, Channels, SD Card, and then the wii freezes. I then tried various other versions of bannerbomb (all of these http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/aads/ , as the guide says), but none of them work, they don't freeze this time, but i just get the blanc blocks on the SD card, no loading of the boot.elf file whatsoever.

What am i doing wrong/what step did i miss?

2. burritoboy9984

burritoboy9984 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 24, 2009
    United States
    Just hit up the Modify Any Wii Sticky, follow directions [​IMG] It will update you to 4.2, and then mod it.

-Erik

3. Clover82
    OP

Clover82 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2011
    United States
    ok, i feel stupid now.... typical case of RTFM i guess

i always softmodded the hard way by doing all steps manually. following the link you mentionned made it a lot easier and faster, and it works perfect now.
    thanks a lot!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice