Updating sys menu 3.3 tot 4.2. HBC won't install

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Clover82, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Clover82
    OP

Newcomer Clover82 Newbie

United States
    After already a long time reading as anonimous visitor now decided to sign up for an account.. (as i need some help obviously)

I'm having a problem updating a wii with sys menu 3.3E to 4.2.

I have softmodded some wii's before, succesfully, but those were all already on 4.2

So now i understood from the manuals that i first need to upgrade to 4.2 via DOP-Mii, which runs via the HBC. So i first need to get the HBC installed, and this is where i get stuck already.
    I took a 2GB SD card, formatted to FAT32, copied boot.elf from hackmii_installer_v.08 onto the root of the SD card. then copied the private folder from bannerbomb abd6a_v200. then on the wii, clicked the wii icon, Data Management, Channels, SD Card, and then the wii freezes. I then tried various other versions of bannerbomb (all of these http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/aads/ , as the guide says), but none of them work, they don't freeze this time, but i just get the blanc blocks on the SD card, no loading of the boot.elf file whatsoever.

What am i doing wrong/what step did i miss?

2. burritoboy9984

Member burritoboy9984 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Just hit up the Modify Any Wii Sticky, follow directions [​IMG] It will update you to 4.2, and then mod it.

-Erik

3. Clover82
    OP

Newcomer Clover82 Newbie

United States
    ok, i feel stupid now.... typical case of RTFM i guess

i always softmodded the hard way by doing all steps manually. following the link you mentionned made it a lot easier and faster, and it works perfect now.
    thanks a lot!