Hacking Updating SX OS to 2.4 & firmware to 6.2.0 not creating emunand

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I just saw that SX OS 2.4 was out, supporting 6.2 fw.
The way I (well my kids but let's just say I) used the SX OS was to use the additional usd card onto which I just copied the boot.dat file and booted the console with the dongle inserted (holding power and vol+) and just selecting 'Boot CFW'.
The kids used both nsp and xci files.

1. I do not recall creating an Emunand at all (I may have forgotten though but I doubt I did). Is this mandatory now (was it always mandatory?)?
2. If using several usd cards, do I need to setup EmuNand on all of them?
3. I remember updating from 5.1 to 6.1 (using Choixdujour), can I just go ahead and update to 6.2 using the choixdujour nro file from the sx homebrew menu again?

Just so you know, I made some space available on the usd card and I am (as we speak) creating an Emunand on it (as files)...it's taking quite some time.

Edit:
I have completed the emunand installation and updated to 6.2. Some nsp files won't install (SSB 1.1.0 update and Sega Ages Out Run for instance). SX OS complains they are corrupted nsp. Any idea why ?

Thanks

Last edited by Aglae Pheryl,

millencolin22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I’m exactly on the same situation as you currently are. Please let me know how things went with your newly created emenund, and also, if you created emunand partitions on both micro and cards? Last question would be if you ended up updating to FW 6.2, either with your newly created emunand (and if so, did you updated FW version on both emunand son each of the micro se cards?), or did you update through home brew menu on OFW using Choixdujour ?

Thanks,

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Further testing results:

usd card 1: created emunand (files on external usd): Updated CFW to 6.2.0. Still unable to install Sega Ages Out run (v-outrun.nsp) & SSB 1.1.0 update (v-ssbu_v65536) from the SX OS installer. However both were correctly installed using tinfoil

usd card 2: no emunand created. CFW: 6.1.0. Booted to SX OS, unable to install ega Ages Out run (v-outrun.nsp) from SX OS installer. Installed fine with Tinfoil and works fine on 6.1.0.

Reactions: millencolin22

millencolin22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Further testing results:

usd card 1: created emunand (files on external usd): Updated CFW to 6.2.0. Still unable to install Sega Ages Out run (v-outrun.nsp) & SSB 1.1.0 update (v-ssbu_v65536) from the SX OS installer. However both were correctly installed using tinfoil

usd card 2: no emunand created. CFW: 6.1.0. Booted to SX OS, unable to install ega Ages Out run (v-outrun.nsp) from SX OS installer. Installed fine with Tinfoil and works fine on 6.1.0.

Thanks for the update.
Did you loose any of your saves after creating the emunand partition on your micro sd card?

How long did it take you to create emunand approx.?

Thanks,

Reactions: chrisisx

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not sure about the saved games. Mostly my kids use this console. I will ask them when they are back from school.
creating the emunand took something like an hour or so (very approximative, as it was really late and kinda lost track of time in front of Netflix but it was long).

Edit: Saved games seem to be OK.

I also tried the latest SSB update (1.2.0). Works fine (installed using Tinfoil)

Last edited by Aglae Pheryl,

millencolin22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure about the saved games. Mostly my kids use this console. I will ask them when they are back from school.
creating the emunand took something like an hour or so (very approximative, as it was really late and kinda lost track of time in front of Netflix but it was long).

Edit: Saved games seem to be OK.

I also tried the latest SSB update (1.2.0). Works fine (installed using Tinfoil)

Thanks!!!

millencolin22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you also created the emunand partition on the others microsd cards that you are using? Or just on a single one?

Thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And now that you have emunand and I’m assuming also Auto RCM mode enabled, how do you properly turn off the console? Do you just leave it on sleep mode?
Thanks

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just created emunand on the first usd card. The other one is still booting into SX OS 2.4 with CFW 6.1.0
I am not sure what actually brings this support for 6.2.0 as it seems installing nsp using tinfoil makes them work just fine in 6.1.0. Anyone?

millencolin22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just created emunand on the first usd card. The other one is still booting into SX OS 2.4 with CFW 6.1.0
I am not sure what actually brings this support for 6.2.0 as it seems installing nsp using tinfoil makes them work just fine in 6.1.0. Anyone?

Sorry for my dumb questions.. but now that you have emunand I assume that you are using Auto RCM. How do you manage to properly turn off the console? Or do you never turn the console off and leave it on sleep mode whenever you are not using it?

Thanks

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I actually have not set Auto RCM (yet?). The kids put the console in sleep mode and dock it whenever it starts being low on battery. Sometimes they let it die and I just boot it for them using the dongle (quick and easy).

Ita54_2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My EMUNAND 6.2.0 work now flaless and for nsp install i have dumped the Keys and use tinfoil all work perfekt Now :)

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My EMUNAND 6.2.0 work now flaless and for nsp install i have dumped the Keys and use tinfoil all work perfekt Now :)
I have no idea what the keys are. for Tinfoil. I simply copied the nro file to the switch folder on the usd card and run tinfoil every time I need to install a nsp. It never failed so far so I'm really not sure about those keys.
Could you explain what they are and where to locate them in case I need them someday?
Thanks

Reactions: vladydm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over