Hacking Question Updating switch to 6.01 AUTORCM safe or not?

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Allow me to explain when I updated from 5.0 to 6.0 I had the autorcm feature on of Hekate.
Then I used Chodojour to install the update. According to a user on discord. I had to disable the checkbox of chodojour
(which apparently handles autorcm)
Or I could brick he said because double rcm modes.

Now this turned out not to be true. and I actually LOST RCM mode. After a few weeks living on stock I got my friend to enter RCM again.

Now I used REINX toolkit to enable autorcm (didn't use the hekate autorcm option)

Is it now 100% safe to update to 6.01? and should I checkmark the box with Choudoujour for autorcm?
Do I need to disable autorcm first in the REINIX toolkit? or not needed?

I just want to triple quadruple check because I don't want anymore suprises like last time.

Now I also read on reddit.. Which makes me even more finicky about updating.. seeing also how it went last time..
"Edit: Conflicting reports on whether or not ReiNX is working, so update with caution."

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Allow me to explain when I updated from 5.0 to 6.0 I had the autorcm feature on of Hekate.
Then I used Chodojour to install the update. According to a user on discord. I had to disable the checkbox of chodojour

Now this turned out not to be true. and I actually LOST RCM mode. After a few weeks living on stock I got my friend to enter RCM again.

Now I used REINX toolkit to enable autorcm (didn't use the hekate autorcm option)

Is it now 100% safe to update to 6.01? and should I checkmark the box with Choudoujour for autorcm?

I just want to triple quadruple check because I don't want anymore suprises like last time.

Now I also read on reddit.. Which makes me even more finicky about updating.. seeing also how it went last time..
"Edit: Conflicting reports on whether or not ReiNX is working, so update with caution."
Reinx gave me errors, but Rajnx works flawlessly on 6.0.1. To be honest I feel it would be extremely difficult to brick with rcm, as it is a recovery mode that is built into the hardware. As long as you have a method of sending payloads you are good. Worst case scenario is that a firmware breaks cfw until the cfw is updated. In that case you could downgrade to a lower firmware and run cfw on that firmware.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Reinx gave me errors, but Rajnx works flawlessly on 6.0.1. To be honest I feel it would be extremely difficult to brick with rcm, as it is a recovery mode that is built into the hardware. As long as you have a method of sending payloads you are good. Worst case scenario is that a firmware breaks cfw until the cfw is updated. In that case you could downgrade to a lower firmware and run cfw on that firmware.
What errors did it give you?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Updating with ChoiDujourNX overwrites any AutoRCM or lack of AutoRCM. The reason is because boot0 is firmware specific which is the where AutoRCM is installed into. So it does not matter whether you have AutoRCM or not before you use ChoiDujourNX but rather whether you choose to install AutoRCM with ChoiDujourNX or not.

Reactions: Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Updating with ChoiDujourNX overwrites any AutoRCM or lack of AutoRCM. The reason is because boot0 is firmware specific which is the where AutoRCM is installed into. So it does not matter whether you have AutoRCM or not before you use ChoiDujourNX but rather whether you choose to install AutoRCM with ChoiDujourNX or not.
Shit man i hate how this dude misinformed me. made me anxious about ever touching this app lol.

Anyway I successfuly updated to 6.01 seems like it should go fine in the future too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol