Hacking Updating Super Smash Bros 3DS

3DSXLGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Posted the question in noob paradise but I need a quick answer so I can go to sleep!

Doing a little game session with others which are ( most likely fully updated )
I got a retail copy of smash bros 3ds unpatched, I made a backup on gateway so I'd have two copies, one to use and one to let a friend use the retail copy. Now I can't figure out how I'm supposed to update them? I currently block ip addresses that would normally make you update when connected to the ineternet

https://gbatemp.net/threads/blocking-the-3ds-from-receiving-the-wifi-update-using-opendns.375643/

Before I go unblocking it, how do I go about updating the game in emunand? It doesn't appear and when I press select it has the gateway loader pop up and says card not found.

3DSXLGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You install the update via installing the CIA version of the update. You cannot update through eshop.

There has to be a way to update the retail cart though? I don't care about the backup since I can just do another fresh one when the cart is finished.

Haven't messed around with .cia's yet

Update your emunand and download the update from the eshop...

I can't get the retail cart to appear in the emunand so I want to figure that out before I update, after getting into emunand and replacing the gateway with ssmb nothing happens I can press select and it says no valid gateway inserted

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There has to be a way to update the retail cart though? I don't care about the backup since I can just do another fresh one when the cart is finished.

Haven't messed around with .cia's yet

I can't get the retail cart to appear in the emunand so I want to figure that out before I update, do I run the exploit while gateway is in it until I get to the emunand home screen?
You need to use Classic mode if you want to run cartridges.

Also the update is installed on the 3DS, not on the cart.

Reactions: Zerousen

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Linked in what way?
If you haven't formatted you sysnand after creating emunand they'll use the same encryption for the SD card files.

You can run the new update in sysnand if you have an older update installed. Your sysnand will just use the new files.
Otherwise you'll have to use Gateway mode.

3DSXLGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ahh, no I didn't format so that's good to hear.

I added a monster hunter 4 and majoras mask backup but I ran out of space during the majoras mask transfer. Tried deleting them still doesnt work
I can't get into the gateway cart ( select ) when in gateway mode any idea why?

I also readded the anti updating dns things to my router after I finish updating...

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ahh, no I didn't format so that's good to hear.

I added a monster hunter 4 and majoras mask backup but I ran out of space during the majoras mask transfer. Tried deleting them still doesnt work
I can't get into the gateway cart ( select ) when in gateway mode any idea why?

I also readded the anti updating dns things to my router after I finish updating...
Use the latest launcher from gateway's website.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay