Hacking Updating Softmodded Wii

assassin98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Is it possible to update the Wii from softmodded 3.2E to virgin 4.2E? So that I can softmod it again.
P.S. Without a Wi-Fi connection.

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, its a PC app called Modmii, no wifi needed.
It DL's all files needed onto your PC, you then put those files onto a blank SD card
and put it in your wii. follow the self-generated steps and your good to go.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Waleed Ahmad said:
Is it possible to update the Wii from softmodded 3.2E to virgin 4.2E? So that I can softmod it again.
P.S. Without a Wi-Fi connection.
4.1 is better (ModMii will choose it automatically), but you don't need to remove softmods before resoftmodding. That is just dangerous.

Run ModMii as suggested by ddetkowski and choose the Guide option. Say your Wii is a virgin Wii so you will get a full softmod. It will overwrite everything old.

assassin98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Not being a noob here, the Softmod Guide states to choose No as my Wii is modded. Instead of N, if I choose Y, would that alter the update process in the CSG.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Waleed Ahmad said:
Not being a noob here, the Softmod Guide states to choose No as my Wii is modded. Instead of N, if I choose Y, would that alter the update process in the CSG.
The guide is automated. If you were to say that your Wii was already modded, it would skip installing things it assumes you have. You probably have those things, but it's better to say your Wii is a virgin so the guide will cover everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: @Sonic Angel Knight :bortz2: