Hacking Updating Softmodded Wii (to run the latest games)

Atticusxen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. My Wii is already soft modded, but I was wondering what the easiest way was to update the files (the cIOS or IOS I think. Sorry I honestly do not know much about all of this) to be able to play the most current Wii games out. There isn't a game in particular that I am having problems with, (the last game I tried to play was the new Metroid game, and it worked fine) but I just wanted to make sure even if my Wii is already up to date how to update it in the future to be able to play future releases. My Wii's firmware is 4.2U at the moment, and read that so far the updates after that have been "piracy blockers", but maybe there has been another update since those that is the opposite, i am not for certain. If anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
smile.gif

Atticusxen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh awesome.
biggrin.gif
I was looking through your page post for it: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=207126 I just am not sure what I would do after downloading it to go upon updating the files. :/ Is there an option on that menu screen shot I saw on the page for it somewhere that preforms a function to update your Wii? Or do you have to download a set of files to the SD and run the .WADs to update? I apologize for being noobish lol, but I would appreciate it if you wouldn't mind giving me a few pointers.
smile.gif
Thanks in advance.

egurgle

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
its auto explain program. Just be sure about ur Wii version and region. Then run ModMii, w8 for prompt and type I agree. Next screen u should type W to Wizard Mode. Just answer question and tell ur Wii is virgin. After doing all choices, check ur selection and start download,,, an unique guide will be generated to u telling step by step what u need to do. Follow each step and you'll be happy
smile.gif

Dont forget THX to XFlak

Atticusxen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, well I greatly appreciate the help in all sincerity, XFlak for that wonderful program that was extremely easy to use and to follow, and egurgle for giving me a quick start up of simple directions to get me headed in the right path
biggrin.gif
That program worked wonders, and made things 10,000 times easier than what I would have imagined: its simple, efficient, and the guide was really easy to read and follow. I have had absolutely no hiccups so far.
smile.gif
The only problem I am having now is with the USB Loader that came with the whole package and getting it to recognize my USB Drive, and I think alot of, if not the whole problem is how my WBFS partition is set up, so I am going to try to redo that from scratch after figuring out a way to back up my games. Anyways, I wanted to say thanks again to both of you for taking time to assist me, and for making this as simple as it could possibly be.
biggrin.gif
(i am definitely a noob, but am learning quickly thanks to people like you both :] ) Thanks again XFlak and egurgle!
smile.gif

gcunit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems a great offering, but I'm having trouble with it seemingly. I've run the wizard, chosen which folder I wanted to download the files to and hit ENTER, then the wizard shut and I got no files. What gives?

gcunit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeh, I think I was - I just dragged and dropped the folder like it said I could and hit enter - didn't spot anything about "" marks but I did see that it added them automatically. I'll run it again - thanks.

It's downloading now - thanks champ. I'll read all the notes next time ')

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol