Updating Retroarch to the latest stable build ?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by HitchensRIP, Aug 9, 2017.

1. HitchensRIP
    OP

HitchensRIP Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2017
    Malta
    Hi all,

N00b issue.

Not too long ago (last week) I updated Retroarch to 1.6.3 only to find that we're already on 1.6.4.

Ive tried searching but couldn't find the specific answer I am looking for, at least not for Vita:

How does one update (the fastest way) to the latest version on Vita? I have been deleting everything and reinstalling the VPK (one in all) from scratch but like that I lose configurations, saves etc. I know on PC one can overwrite certain files and it's done but on Vita I just can't just figure it out :blush::blush::blush::blush:

2. CallmeBerto

CallmeBerto The "Lone Wanderer"

GBAtemp Patron
    CallmeBerto is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 1, 2017
    United States
    USA
    HitchensRIP likes this.
  3. HitchensRIP
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2017
    Malta
    Urmm ok - I wanted to avoid that as I will have to fiddle around with space as the 16GB mem is full and the all in one VPK is "big". No worries. Thanks!! And goddamn I'm blind, I looked everywhere (well, apparently not) on their site :shy::shy::shy::shy:

EDIT: I still can't find the HOW TO on their site:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Last edited by HitchensRIP, Aug 9, 2017
  4. VitaType

VitaType GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    If you have to avoid that you just could rename/move your config folder then delete the old RA version, install the new RA version, delete the new config folder and then rename/move your old config folder to the original name/position again (in exactly that order).

Last edited by VitaType, Aug 9, 2017
  5. HitchensRIP
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2017
    Malta

And save states and save files... nah too much hassle. Done what was said above, had to delete a PSP game in the process...No big deal :)

6. Zukov

Zukov Dinosaur

Oct 2, 2016
    Chile
    dude, uncompress the vpk
    and move (and replace) from your PC to the Vita, every elf you want and the eboot.bin

that's all