Updating Pokemon Moon Corrupted Some of My Titles?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Alex119098, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Alex119098
    OP

Alex119098 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2015
    United States
    Deep Space
    I might have a unique situation, but here goes.

So, I am on Luma cfw, and usually I update my titles using freeshop. But this time, since I had my Pokemon Moon as a cartridge, I updated it through my home menu (you can update while on the home menu without going to the eShop if it prompts you to). However, I noticed something unusual after it said that the update was completed. Most of the tiles I owned disappeared. I couldn't find them anywhere on my home menu. When I went to Data Management on System Settings, I noticed that the titles that weren't on the home menu had a delete icon next to the software titles. The only thing I could do now was delete it. I decided to keep the save data. But when I went to delete them there was and error and it said it couldn't be deleted. Does this mean that my titles were corrupted. Also, another weird thing was that all my homebrew titles and other various titles I downloaded from freeshop were completely fine. All the other titles that I owned and bought with my own money got corrupted, oddly before I got cfw. Anyone know what's going on? Will I have to delete my titles via FBI and lose my save data?

2. Kira "Bugs Bunny" Yamato

Kira "Bugs Bunny" Yamato Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2016
    United States
    Yeah, same thing happened to me when I got banned for playing Moon early. Everything I bought legitimately was deleted one day when I booted my 3DS back up - Smash, FE Fates, the Phoenix Wright games. I just downloaded everything again via freeShop, and my save data was gone, but I didn't ever have to deal with games disappearing again.

3. RosaliinaDaHacker64

RosaliinaDaHacker64 3DS font intermediate/expert

Oct 7, 2015
    Ireland
    F:\gm9\out
    You should never access eShop related applications even in-game DLC shop, so it deleted Ticket files of games you don't own, the games itself aren't deleted. Don't delete them yet, download TikDevil and run it. This will recover .tik files of affected games and show up again.

4. Thunder Hawk

Thunder Hawk Firefox Master Race

Jan 21, 2013
    United States
    Huh? Um, no... it does that only with DLCs for titles that you attempted to use the in-game DLC shop.

RosaliinaDaHacker64 likes this.
  5. Alex119098
    OP

Dec 6, 2015
    United States
    Deep Space
    So yeah... update and tikdevil doesn't work. Any alternatives?

6. Alex119098
    OP

Dec 6, 2015
    United States
    Deep Space
    Anything else I can do to recover my titles? I really don't want to delete them

7. RosaliinaDaHacker64

RosaliinaDaHacker64 3DS font intermediate/expert

Oct 7, 2015
    Ireland
    F:\gm9\out
    Try backing up the whole Nintendo 3DS folder on SD card to somewhere. Go to JK's Save Manager, refresh games, can you still see all games? If yes, hold L + → then Y to backup all saves. Re-install those games. And restore saves.

8. RednaxelaNnamtra

RednaxelaNnamtra GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 8, 2011
    Germany
    it seems it replaced all tickets of titles you own with official ones. Normaly it should not be much off a problem, except for dlc where it could reset it the offial state(especialy anoying when using themes the unofficial way because of a ban), because it does only modify the tickets
    you could try tools like ciangel to install the ticket only, if that does not work, maybe therr is a way to install tickets only in freeshop, which could also help.

9. Alex119098
    OP

Dec 6, 2015
    United States
    Deep Space
    UPDATE: Smash 4 worked! Now we're getting somewhere. Just need to do this for the other 20 titles... Thanks for the help!

RosaliinaDaHacker64 likes this.