Updating out of region games?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Bichimakake, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Bichimakake
    OP

Bichimakake Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2015
    So I got Ironhax running on my EU New 3DS, latest firmware, and can now run my old US games, but i'm encountering a problem, how do I update my games? Specifically Smash, every time I boot it up, it says I can't save because the update info hasn't been found on the SD card, it tells me to press the home button to exit and enter the e-shop to update my game, which I do, but every time I press the home button my 3DS crashes.

I went to the e-shop and downloaded the latest Smash update but the same problem still persists. I even put the Smash cart and micro SD card on my brother's US old 3DS (SD adapter) updated that way, but when I put the SD and Smash in my EU New 3DS it still says that the update info is not found on my SD. Any idea if it's even possible to update US games on a EU 3DS?

2. lemanuel

lemanuel Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker

Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    As far as I know there isn't an eShop spoof for firmwares above 9.2, and I think even that won't allow you to access a different region eShop.

And since you can't access the US region eShop or install CIAs, you won't be able to download/install the correct region update for the game.

I might be wrong though and if so, I hope someone corrects me.

3. Bichimakake
    OP

Bichimakake Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2015
    Ah crap... So no manual way to put the US update on my SD card huh?

4. lemanuel

lemanuel Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker

Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    I believe it would also need to be indexed in the NAND of the console. (once again I might be wrong).

So I'm 99% sure that it's a no. But if someone more knowledgeable proves me wrong, I would be glad since it would mean you can.