Hacking updating my softmod for newer system version.. 4.3 i think

FOUNTAINEER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So i have a hacked wii with bootmii 2 and older hackmii. I previously used softmii 3.0 to hack my wii with 3.3 firmware. It's been ages. I forgot most of what i've learned.

I will update to newest hackmii, bootmii, etc.. After that i'm lost. I basically want to play legal version of goldeneye which i actually own. could someone point me to the direction of some more updated easy to follow tutorials that shows you how to upgrade to system 4.3 or whatever that is required to play goldeneye?

Very much appreciated.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't update to 4.3, 4.3 sucks and you do not need it for anything, not now, not ever. Update your system menu 4.1 following an up to date softmod guide which will update most your ios, cios, etc.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't see how it sucks. going up to 4.3 really is a preference thing. my softmod runs on 4.3 just fine. my uneek+di nand is on 4.3 with no issues. hbc works fine.

i just don't like upgrading through the official channel, so that i can hold onto my boot2. every year, i wait a few months for the hacking community to find their workarounds, update everything, and then upgrade my wii with modmii and mmm.

FOUNTAINEER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you very much for such a quick response. Sweenish your suggestion sounds epic in simplicity. I have looked at the video tutorial and i think modmii is it to get all the goods. Now is there a tutorial of how to install all the stuff with proper programs and order, etc.. so i don't screw it up then? I assume there is no mac os version?

I have a non virgin 3.3u wii

Thanks again for the help

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Modmii recommends 4.1 because 4.3/4.2 suck, they are not updates. 4.3/4.2 do nothing for your wii except try to stop homebrew, which it fails at. Why would you want to install a system menu with crippled exploits? 4.1 is the best, you should stick with it.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
FOUNTAINEER said:
Modmii recommends modding to 4.1 and not 4.3. 4.2 is neautral.. Any reasons for that?
4.1 is the ideal system menu, because both 4.2 and 4.3 have attempted blocking homebrew with varied amounts of success. Updating to 4.3 would block off the Bannerbomb exploit, requiring a certain game depending on the region to install homebrew. Both 4.2 and 4.3 have also did something with the IOS if I'm not mistaken, something that will not affect you if you update to 4.1.

FOUNTAINEER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well that was easier than i have ever expected with modwii! Thanks everyone for stepping in so fast and pointing me to the right direction. another question is there a hard drive formatter/partitioner for mac osx system?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn