Updating my soft-modded wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by IceDevil912, Jun 1, 2010.

Jun 1, 2010
  1. IceDevil912
    OP

Newcomer IceDevil912 Newbie

United States
    I softmodded my wii quite awhile back, right when 4.0u came out, and everything is currently working ok, but I was just wondering if it would be worth it to virginize my wii,update to 4.2 and re-softmod it, or just leave it the way it is? I'm using cIOS rev 10. I ask because I wanted to get up to date with my cIOS' and such. Thanks in advance!

2. armand66

armand66 Newbie

Don't "revirginize" your wii.

If you want to get to 4.2, and up to date system menu and get upto date cIOS follow the stickied guide at the top as you would a brand new wii. Do the offline update to 4.2 using the files the email supplies in the guide, follow the guide as step by step and you'll be fine, or follow the more in depth completesoftmod guide if you want a bit more info what you're actually doing.

Quick and easy to 4.2 and updated cIOS

Completesoftmod Guide for more in depth to 4.2 etc

3. IceDevil912
    OP

Newcomer IceDevil912 Newbie

United States
    Thanks that answers my questions quite well. Would you recommend it, or should I stick with what I've got?

4. armand66

armand66 Newbie

Well personally, i like to have things up to date system menu wise, as well as the latest running cIOS and so on. If you got no issues with your current setup then you don't really "need" to update, but, as i said, i prefer to have the most up to date setup if i can.

Basically though, if you do wanna do it, and follow the guide up top, it wont take you long to have 4.2, and then wont be long to do a nand backup if you want, followed by patched ios36, removing stubs and installing the needed cIOS files for the loaders such as 222, 223, 249, etc.

It's a very easy process as long as you don't skip things.

5. technologiq

Newcomer technologiq Member

United States
    If the Wii in question is already sitting at a working 4.0 softmod, would it be recommended to start at:

Update to 4.2
    Run Yet Another WAD Manager Mod from The Homebrew Channel.
    Scroll down the list to find & install:
    *Really important stuff here! Do not skip or alter steps in any way!*
    IOS70-64-v6687.wad
    & System Menu-NUS-v481.wad [NTSC-J = v480; PAL = v482]
    Then proceed to install the remaining 22 different IOS files & Shopping Channel-NUS-v18.wad by pressing + on each one then A to install them. It should say 23 files will be installed.
    *End.*
    You can then erase everything from the update.zip & setup everything from the modify.zip
    Advance to the Modify 4.2 section to reinstall The Homebrew Channel so it can run under the correct IOS.

Since HBC, etc is already installed?

Thanks!