Hacking Updating my Emunand (9.4 => 10.6) on 2DS help?

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hay guys, it's been a while, since the last time i appeared on the site, it was when the cold boot has for gw was announced and it works perfectly.

um, i read on gateway's site this:

We would like to confirm that firmware 10.6 has been fully tested on both 3DS and N3DS and is compatible with Gateway Emunand.
As always, enjoy!

so, i checked "that site" for a .CIA pack of firmware 10.6 for my 2DS to update via big blue manager etc.

but i couldn't find anything, :(

so how do i update to 10.6? via the system update in system settings in gw emunand?
also if i update my emunand while the coldboot hax is installed, only the emunand part will be updated
not the sysnand part?

thanx

sora10pls

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If your NANDs are unlinked, you're perfectly fine updating to 10.6 from System Settings within your Gateway emuNAND.

Make sure your firmware version starts with the 'GW3D' string, and not the 'Ver.' string before updating!

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If your NANDs are unlinked, you're perfectly fine updating to 10.6 from System Settings within your Gateway emuNAND.

Make sure your firmware version starts with the 'GW3D' string, and not the 'Ver.' string before updating!

yea, thanx for the tips, matt :)
to tell if the nands are unlinked by if there are 2 separate folders on the sd card?
great i unlinked my nands the first time i installed GW emunand,
the good thing with GW is that the GW3D is always in front of the firm number in GW emunand mode :)
unlike RXTools which can sometimes show "ver. frim" instead of "RX-E firm" :(

okay, i'll do that after i have backed up my emunand on PC and backed up my SD card contents too (to be 100% safe proof)

Make sure to update the launcher.dat first then your safe to update

yeah, the latest ver of gw is 3.7.1? the version that supports 10.6?
a good way to tell what .dat file of gw you have is to load up the 2ds/3ds etc auto boot into gw menu without red card in 3ds to see the gw .dat file installed :)
last time i checked my gw .dat file on my sd was 3.6, i'll update it to 3.7.1, so i can safely update to 10.6 emunand :)

thanx for the help guys :)

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You got it! Just be sure to back up your emuNAND if anything goes wrong.

yea, backing up Emunand and SD Card stuff is a must for this things, as if something goes wrong you have your backups to go back too.
the sd card backup took like 7 mins ish, i use a 64gb SDXC card ad i have used 14.6 gb of 64gb, so it didn't take long to copy all the contents of the SD card to my PC ;:
i backuped my old emunand (9.4) and then updated the GW .dat from v3.6 to 3.7.1, as i think if you update emunand with v3.6 it'll give a black screen? anyways, i updated my emunand to 10.6-0-31E and it worked!

when my 2DS coldbooted into GW emunand it was black for a bit, i thought the update caused the gw emunand to not load, but it didn't the black screen was just a few mins because of loading into emunand.

so yeah, my 2ds is GW Emunand: 10.6.0-31E now!
if can't find the .cia update on that site in the future, i'll use this method to update my emunand, and update the GW.dat file to the Latest version so it can support nintendo's firm.

sora10pls

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if can't find the .cia update on that site in the future, i'll use this method to update my emunand
I'd recommend doing this whenever you need to update your emuNAND, yeah. But if you ever need the CIA files for the latest firmware version for whatever reason, you can always download them with 3DNUS :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ZeroT21, not yet