Hardware Updating my 3DS frimware

Professor_Layton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i bought 6 months ago an american 3DS and i'm not living in the US (yes chose the wrong flag) ive tried to update my 3DS frimware and i can't do that. It's just simply says "Unable to update the system. The 3DS will restart now." and that's it!
No error number, nothing. Iv'e tried it with 2 wifi connections: Mine and the one of my neighbours (yes it's not blocked!!!)
So anyone can help me? I really want to play demoes and i can't. Please help me!

masterchan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Try applying the system update from a recent game cart (e.g. Super Mario 3D Land) then try to use WIFI to get the latest update, the only thing is you'd obviously need to get your hands on an american game cart.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Likely cause: The Nintendo 3DS system update has timed out or has been blocked by a firewall.
How to fix: Manually assign a DNS to the Nintendo 3DS or disable the firewall if necessary.
  • First - Manually assign your Nintendo 3DS system's DNS settings.
    Assigning a DNS to your Nintendo 3DS will take a few steps to complete, but we are confident you can get there! We'll walk you through each one and you can always call us if you get stuck. Our number is below. Here we go...
    1. From the Nintendo 3DS settings, select "Internet Settings," then "Connection Settings" and choose the connection file you currently use.
    2. Choose "Change Settings."
    3. Click the right arrow and select "DNS," then choose "No" under "Auto-Obtain DNS."
    4. Select "Detailed Setup," then "Primary DNS" and enter: 008.008.008.008
    5. Select "Secondary DNS" and enter: 008.008.004.004
      Please note: These are public DNS's provided by Google and are subject to Google's Terms of Service. If you prefer to not use this service, doing an Internet search for "public DNS" will provide you with several other options you can use.
    6. Save your settings, then select "Test" to begin a connection test.
  • Still not working? Access your router's settings and turn off the router's firewall*.
    Typically you can disable your router's firewall to allow all traffic through. To locate this setting, consult the owner's manual for your router. Below are locations for the most popular routers:
    • D-Link: Found by selecting "Advanced," then "Firewall."
    • Netgear: Found by selecting "WAN Setup," then "SPI Firewall."
    • Linksys: Found in the "Security" settings.
    *While Nintendo provides this information for our consumers' use, it is up to each consumer to determine what security needs they have for their own networks, and to decide how best to configure their network settings to meet those needs.
  • Still not working? Power cycle your modem and router.
    1. Unplug both the modem and the router from the power outlet.
    2. Wait a couple of minutes and plug the modem back in.
    3. Wait a couple of minutes for the modem to initialize, then plug in the router.
    4. Try again to download the update.

pmk010

Trophies
XP
Country
Why'd you buy an American 3DS in the first place? :glare:
causw it was cheaper...
I was visting America and I was looking to buy a DSi my dad suggested buying it in america. I didn't because after some reasearch I realised the DSi was region locked. You should always do your reasearch. Anyway back to topic. You could always send it to nintendo and see if they can do anything about it. If you still have your manufacture's insurance it is free.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.