updating mios

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by steveroo, Dec 29, 2011.

Dec 29, 2011

updating mios by steveroo at 2:30 AM (997 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. steveroo
    OP

Member steveroo GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    i just did a system check and I have mios 65535. I read the current mios is version 10 and saw there is no version 10.

i'm weak in the mios can someone tell me if it is v. 6 i'm on and help about patching mios and is version 10 the bestest

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    65535 means it's a custom MIOS, most likely wiigator's+wiipower's, that's the most common cMIOS installed with a maxxed out version #

anyways, rather than trying to figure out what cMIOS u have installed, just replace it

download your cMIOS of choice from ModMii's download page 4 (type "rec" to see which one is recommended), download it (and mmm if u don't already have it) then load mmm, reload to IOS236, then install your new cMIOS wad, it will overwrite whatever MIOS or cMIOS u currently have installed

3. steveroo
    OP

Canada
    is mauifrog's soft mod compatible with modmii?

is modmii a storgage hub for wii files aside from a homebrew installer

4. steveroo
    OP

Canada
    i was doumb founded to install a cmios on modmii alone. nus was a pinch to download cmios 10.

i'm trying everything to get ikaruga to load

5. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    As far as I can recall, ikaruga cannot be played as a backup.
    Deu to the needed use of a microphone and audio streaming.

EDIT: The game has 2 different errors if not loaded properly: 1. The game freezes on selecting game mode if the .iso is shrunken(maybe 1:1 too, fstfix t s g surely helps, maybe fstfix t s f too) 2. The game resets when selecting game mode, which is fixed in NeoGamma R9 beta31. The background music is always missing, because that's streaming audio. Works fine on Neogamma r9b41, mulitiiso fstfix t s g, NTSC

Also when intalling a cMIOS as XFlak told you, keep in mind that some retail games cannot be booted via the offical Wii channel. NEOGAMMA is needed.
    For instance the zelda collector's edition is unable to load through official ways.

6. steveroo
    OP

Canada
    is audio streaming loading songs on the disc (track 2,3,4,5+) and the data is the first track on the cd?

ikaruga i tried fstfix, burned to disc iso untouched, used NeoGamma R9 beta31, played with neogamma settings and also tried shrunk and multi disk

Shikigami No Shiro II has the same problem as Ikaruga

7. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    What error do you get exacty? Did you read the mini FAQ here:
    http://gbatemp.net/t...ogamma-r9-beta/

And please use the lastet version of NeoGamma.

And something in general, the game should work in NeoGamma even if it's shrunken. Then you need to enable the 32K audio fix, which might be done automatically for Ikaruga. Also, if the problem was a shrunken .iso, NeoGamma should complain about this while loading, at least for this game as it uses .adp streams.

My information is that it works, just without the background music.

With my cMIOS i tried several games from the disc channel and they all worked. But i don't have Zelda Collector's Edition though. But that game is 1.an audio streaming game and 2nd a multi .dol game. And both things on their own worked if i remember correctly.

What you might be referring to are the cMIOS from WiiGator and Waninkoko with integrated loader. Those can't enable the audio streaming, so if you load a retail disc with those, you'll get an error as soon as the game tries to play an audio stream. My cMIOS does not have an integrated loader.

8. XFlak

Canada
    I thought your cMIOS installer was a mod of WiiGator's, and like WiiGator's original version it has the option to install the cMIOS with and without a loader? I'm pretty sure when ModMii creates your cMIOS in WAD form it builds the version with the loader. If there is a different\preferred WAD you think ModMii should build for your cMIOS plz let me know and I'll make the change.

It's been awhile since I've even thought about cMIOSs so maybe I'm mistaken somewhere, but hopefully you can refresh my memory. Thanks!

9. WiiPower

Germany
    Just take my installer, install it and compare the result to your WAD. My installer is always without integrated loader, there's a homebrew loader integrated, but that's inside every cMIOS. And i did some minor updates that might improve the stability when starting GC homebrew.

10. XFlak

Canada
    I used your cMIOS Installer in May 2011 to add WAD support for it to ModMii. Do you happen to know if you've made changes to the cMIOS since then?
    If you're not sure I'll do some digging like you suggested, but if you already know it's changed since then I'll just update the cMIOS in ModMii without even bothering to compare it to what ModMii currently builds.

11. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    The installer is from the end of 2010 so it should be up to date in ModMii.

12. XFlak

Canada
    thx!

If anyone has some spare time, can they install the version of WiiGator's cMIOS from ModMii's Download Page 4 and confirm it does not include a loader? If not, no worries, I'll check it myself when I have time and get around to it. Thx again everyone :D

13. FIX94

Germany
    Just compared the cMIOS from ModMii and the installer. Well ticket, tmd and cert doesn't match but the app files are the same.

14. XFlak

Canada
    I know it doesn't matter if the ticket is different, but I'm not sure about the tmd. Also, I thought the cert was supposed to be the same as the cert from MIOS v10? I'm pretty certain that if u compare the cert from ModMii's cMIOS it should match the cert from MIOSv10, and I would think that the same applies to the cMIOS installed by the official installer.

btw, you're comparison was based on cMIOS with base MIOSv10 right?

15. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    The game does'nt show in the Wii disc channel just a ?.
    It won;t load on USB loader GX either.
    It can only load on Neogamma.

About ikaruga: You are right, had a different game in my mind.
    And there's no background audio.

16. FIX94

Germany
    Yep, I'll pm you the file.

17. WiiPower

Germany
    If that happens, then it's not a MIOS problem. It should even display if you did not have BC and MIOS installed.