Hacking Updating Luma3DS? (Question on progressing with the 3DS Hacks Guide)

blazingwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm new to the whole 3DS CFW screen, I am using the 3ds hacks guide and have gotten pretty fair, now I'm on the updating Luma portion. My current System Firmware is 7.2.0-17U. It tells me to go into system settings to update but I see the version seems the same, there is no mention of Luma or anything else. When following the guide there was a section that to enable "Show NAND or user string in system settings", which I would assume would show something different to imply the CFW status.

Did I do something wrong? Do I have to do anything to boot into Luma 3DS, like hold a button or something? Since I ran the steps once I haven't gotten the black screen with the white text again, but I'm sure thats intentional. How can I make sure I am set to keep following these steps? 3DS XL Old.

Last edited by blazingwolf,

starburst

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
My current System Firmware is 7.2.0-17U. It tells me to go into system settings to update but I see the version seems the same, there is no mention of Luma or anything else. When following the guide there was a section that to enable "Show NAND or user string in system settings", which I would assume would show something different to imply the CFW status.
It shows something different, but it is not obvious. Originally, the system version read "Ver. 1.2.3-45U", and after one installs custom firmware correctly, it reads "Sys 1.2.3-45U." Go figure.

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Optional-features

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: b