Updating Lite-on to LT and did not do ALL of my homework

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Arch Feline, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Arch Feline
    OP

Member Arch Feline GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have dial up and an 8 year old (Sony) notebook. I downloaded my tutorials and software on another PC and transferred them to my notebook with an SD. I followed the Xecuter tutorial to take the XBOX 360 apart last night. I got as far as "remove the eject button" when I realized that the tutorial did not go any farther and that the image on the tutorial had the eject button removed, but did not explain how. I removed the clip from the shell but I do not see how to remove the eject button from the plastic tray.

I observed that I can lift the DVD reader off the chassis. I observed that the little green connecteor that comes with the CK3 Pro does not plug into anything on the surface (12 /= 9) and that I have to open up the reader in order to attach it. [​IMG]

Is there a text explanation of the next steps? I have the keys already. I just need to erase and write.

The shell did not come apart easily when I tried it. When my service guy did it it came apart easily. I came just short of breaking something. Is there some lubricant that I can use to make it go back together more smoothly?

2. Delta517

Member Delta517 Its okay...Im a ninja ;)

Norway
    I didn't remove my Eject Button completely when I was flashing my Xbox. [​IMG]
    Also, you shouldn't flash with a notebook.

If the CK3 is the same as Xtractor you need to connect it to the PC Power Supply. [​IMG]

3. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    It's unwise to open an XBOX360 without removing the eject the button first, otherwise it can break when you open the case.

You just have to use a flathead screwdriver and push a notch over.

I'll add a photo in a minute, I need to go get the camera.

edit: excuse the poor photo, my camera doesn't work well in poor lite

[​IMG]

You push that little notch over and you can pull it off the drive.

4. Arch Feline
    OP

United States
    OK. I will check that.

5. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    ??? That is the eject button from the tray though though isn't?

edit:

Also there's 2 metal clips at the front of the case on either side of the DVD drive. These have a tendancy to ping off when you remove the drive. They tend to go inside the case, and if you don't find them can short the motherboard out.

If someone else has opened the console previously, they tend to be missing.

This is a photo of that clip

[​IMG]

After finding one loose in the case, it took me ages to find out where it went.

6. Arch Feline
    OP

United States
    You are right. The clips holding the drive down are gone. My eject button is different from yours, I think. My arcade is from the first wave of Jasper motherboards. Here is the Xecuter photo without the button. You can see the slot upper left and the hole lower left.

Sorry. My copy of the tutorial no longer has the link to the site. It just links to my folder. Anyway there is a rectangular area or plastic at the end of the middle spur. Top spur clips to the case. Botton spur goes into the hole. Middle spur goes against the drive.

7. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    Are you sure it's not just where I am holding the eject button so you can see the tab you have to press?

The same eject button placed on a drive

[​IMG]

Simply use a flat headed screwdriver and push the part next to the arrow and you will be able to pull it off the drive.

I have to be honest with you, people who don't know what they are doing shouldn't go anywhere near a Lite-On drive.

If it were me, i'd go get a Benq drive and spoof it as the Liteon. All I did was get the drive key from xellous (the original Lite-on drive was dead), put that into jungleflasher along with the serial number from the top of the Liteon. Used Iprep to create a bootable MicroSD card, removed all sata devices and plugged the XBOX's drive into sata-1 on the motherboard. Booted the iprep drive, powered on the xbox, pressed a key on the keyboard, powered off the xbox, powered on the xbox, pressed a key on the keyboard, powered off the xbox, powered on the xbox. That's it, the drive was flashed as the liteon. No probe business, no connectivity kit (used the xbox for power), no VIA sata crap, no having to eject the tray half way etc.

You say you already have the drive key, so there's no reason you couldn't do as i've done.
    I have 3 brand new Jaspers sat on top of my wardrobe for Jtagging, if those have Lite-on drives (which they should) they will staying with their stock firmware.

8. Arch Feline
    OP

United States
    Now, I see. This is the same button. Does that hook holding the button to the DVD reader casing hold on to something on the other side which will stop me? I cannot just leave the eject button attached there? Thank you for the pictures!

I removed the silver tape and tried to lift out the dvd reader. I recognize the clips from your picture. I need to remove them without losing them on the mother board?

Do I unplug the 9 black wired thing?

9. ZombiePosessor

Member ZombiePosessor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    [​IMG]

Did the guide even tell you how to remove the components properly? If you're flashing your drive, completely remove it from the case, that includes both cables connected to the back of the drive. Connect it to whatever flashing device you have, use it to power on/off. If you want a good tutorial on flashing drives, Google jungleflasher and check out their tutorial pdf, for use with their program. It's very detailed, and if you follow instructions and read carefully, you shouldn't encounter any problems.

10. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    The hook just goes into the hole, once you push it carefully price the eject button off the drive. You can't remove the drive without removing the eject button, as the bottom spur goes into hole in shell to reach the eject switch on the motherboard.

If you are careful, the metal clips should stay attached to the casing when you remove the drive. If not they are easy enough to reattach, just make sure you find them before powering on the xbox again.

11. MFDC12

Member MFDC12 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    you can easily take out the drive without taking the eject button off... infact i flashed mine with it on

12. Arch Feline
    OP

United States
    You helped me a lot. [​IMG] I left my xbox in pieces and I am going to youtube this weekend and I will watch the disassembly videos until I absorb them. I will also download more tutorials to my SD card.

If you are careful, the metal clips should stay attached to the casing when you remove the drive.

OK. You convinced me to spend more time in study first.