Homebrew Updating JP games with a US 3DS by pressing Y - question

someguy12345

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about the process described above. There is a JP game installed on my US 3DS that required an update. It gave me the option to press Y to update. Ignorantly, I pressed Y thinking it would actually update the title (it didn't, but I resolved that issue another way). However, when I pressed Y, it logged me in with my NNID credentials, then proceeded to attempt downloading the update (and failed, understandably).

My question is this. Did I just wave a red flag to Nintendo's servers that I'm running homebrew on my 3DS, since it falsely tried to update a title I had with my credentials?

I've been using homebrew on my 3DS since May, but have taken the necessary precautions and haven't been banned, since I'm basically incognito with my settings. But now am I at risk?

Has anyone else tried to use the "press Y to update" feature on out-of-region games using homebrew? Any repercussions?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about the process described above. There is a JP game installed on my US 3DS that required an update. It gave me the option to press Y to update. Ignorantly, I pressed Y thinking it would actually update the title (it didn't, but I resolved that issue another way). However, when I pressed Y, it logged me in with my NNID credentials, then proceeded to attempt downloading the update (and failed, understandably).

My question is this. Did I just wave a red flag to Nintendo's servers that I'm running homebrew on my 3DS, since it falsely tried to update a title I had with my credentials?

I've been using homebrew on my 3DS since May, but have taken the necessary precautions and haven't been banned, since I'm basically incognito with my settings. But now am I at risk?

Has anyone else tried to use the "press Y to update" feature on out-of-region games using homebrew? Any repercussions?
You're always at risk using CFW period. You can turn off whatever you want but until there is concrete evidence that proves without a doubt what causes a ban, you're just guessing.

Honestly, IMO I would say yes. Doing what you did would be an easy way to detect your CFW, but that doesn't mean it automatically flagged your account for a ban in the next culling. No one is going to be able to say yes or no definitively so you'll pretty much just have to wait and see what happens. Nintendo can check your purchase history against your installed tickets too, and "unsigned" tickets like game .CIA (not including pre-installs) and homebrews are HUGE red flags because those title IDs don't exist on their CDn and neither do their tickets. But, they've never done that for whatever reason.

Anyway, yes you could have flagged yourself but it's just as likely you didn't. You'll just have to wait and see.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome