Updating Jap Wii Firmware in Other Country?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by chaofan, Oct 30, 2007.

1. chaofan
    OP

chaofan GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2007
    Hey, so yeh I imported a Jap Wii and was wondering if I could update the firmware. I don't have it modded, so I want to update. But is it possible to update a Japanese Wii in another country?

I'm in Australia, so would I be able to update, using my Australian wireless connection? My wireless network works and all, as I was able to update my Aussie Wii to the newest firmware. But would the Jap Wii be able to update?

I just repeated the first paragraph. Meh. And I would look around the forums but the search function has been disabled for me for a while...

Thanks in advance!

2. albyyeo

albyyeo Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2007
    Senegal
    hmmm.. well.. i have a Japanese Wii as well and i m based in Thailand.. Just updated my firmware a week back..and i havent experienced any probs just as yet... [​IMG]

3. chaofan
    OP

chaofan GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2007
    Cool. I tried updating but got a 32004 message. Perhaps its the fact that I'm in Australia? Thailand is closer to Japan than Australia, I think, so perhaps I won't be able to fully update...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice