Updating Jap Wii Firmware in Other Country?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by chaofan, Oct 30, 2007.

Oct 30, 2007
  1. chaofan
    OP

Member chaofan GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Hey, so yeh I imported a Jap Wii and was wondering if I could update the firmware. I don't have it modded, so I want to update. But is it possible to update a Japanese Wii in another country?

I'm in Australia, so would I be able to update, using my Australian wireless connection? My wireless network works and all, as I was able to update my Aussie Wii to the newest firmware. But would the Jap Wii be able to update?

I just repeated the first paragraph. Meh. And I would look around the forums but the search function has been disabled for me for a while...

Thanks in advance!

2. albyyeo

Newcomer albyyeo Newbie

Singapore
    hmmm.. well.. i have a Japanese Wii as well and i m based in Thailand.. Just updated my firmware a week back..and i havent experienced any probs just as yet... [​IMG]

3. chaofan
    OP

Member chaofan GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Cool. I tried updating but got a 32004 message. Perhaps its the fact that I'm in Australia? Thailand is closer to Japan than Australia, I think, so perhaps I won't be able to fully update...