Hacking Updating issues (I think)! - Multiman 4.55.00 & Rogero 4.55 V1.00 (CFW)

godzillafan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
HI All,

Have a few questions around the forum at the moment, but this one is doing my head in!

Multiman states its current 4.55.00 version and new version avaiable - 04.85.01, but when you update via the update button and press ok. It updates, but, it does not and stays as my current version 4.55. So everytime I go open multiman, its still says new version available! Going around in circles with this one!

When I boot from the start - I have Rogero 4.55 V1.00 CFW. I am guessing this is old and was put in, when I had PS3 jailbreaked using a service many, many years ago!

Question on Rogero is how do you update it, I am guessing it not as simple as a update button! Is there a easy way to do this or do I have to start afresh and overwrite the 4.55 V1.00????

Reason, I ask is that, a few modern vids (I watched on getting games on ext/internal HDD) are using newer versions and webman Mod. I tried to get the webman Mod - l loaded via usb, got it on the screen and logo etc and does not start or work, when i press on it. I am assuming my multiman is old (as I can't get it to go to 04.85.01 or latest update) and thats why its not working.

I managed to get FTP working and tranferred over a game to the internal HDD and got it playing on its current state, but to get some more bigger games, say Uncharted or games with loads of DLCs - I am sure the CFW figures are higher than the 4.55 on their descriptions! Does this mean the 4.55 build not going to run certain games.

What am I doing wrong with the mulitman updates! Kinda worried that, if I update it all wrong, I will lose the current build and will need to restart again.

PS3 is not online (don't use online at all) and only 1 game on the internal (200gb free) hdd. At the same time, I am trying to get a external HDD added, so i can get a few games loaded for the family to play through the extended xmas hols.

Just some help needed on how to update multiman and how to update the Rogero 4.55 (if it need updating)! Also if Webman Mod is important and I need to have this or get it working?

susi91

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just some help needed on how to update multiman and how to update the Rogero 4.55 (if it need updating)! Also if Webman Mod is important and I need to have this or get it working?

It is easy to update if you're already on a CFW, just grab 4.86 rebug lite and install it via xmb or recovery. Then install webman mod installer and start it once. Done.

You don't need mulitman if you've got webman_mod, but you can update it too if you like.

godzillafan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It is easy to update if you're already on a CFW, just grab 4.86 rebug lite and install it via xmb or recovery. Then install webman mod installer and start it once. Done.

You don't need mulitman if you've got webman_mod, but you can update it too if you like.

Cheers for this, so my current version of 4.55 v1.00 rogero needs to be updated to 4.86 rebug lite - I am guessing there is a guide and link on here somewhere - I will look that up!

Multiman I have currently which is the 4.55 version, but I can;t seem to update it via the update button. So, if I update to 4.86 rebug lite - that will help to alllow me to update to the newer version of Mulitman.

Webman, I did try to load, but it did not work! So, if I get Multiman working - I wont need webman, is that corrent?

susi91

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I guess 4.55 is just to old for current builds of webman-mod and/or multiman.
You can install any 4.86 cfw you want, there are a few out there, personally I used 4.86 rebug lite.
I ditched multiman a while ago, webman-mod is somewhat better... but you can update it too.

Note: In a few days we get a 4.87 cfw made by evilnat, but as of today there isn't a CFW for the latest OFW.

Reactions: godzillafan

godzillafan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess 4.55 is just to old for current builds of webman-mod and/or multiman.
You can install any 4.86 cfw you want, there are a few out there, personally I used 4.86 rebug lite.
I ditched multiman a while ago, webman-mod is somewhat better... but you can update it too.

Note: In a few days we get a 4.87 cfw made by evilnat, but as of today there isn't a CFW for the latest OFW.

Thanks mate,

What i will do is then read around the 4.86 rebug lite and get thatloaded up1 At least I will be up to date on the main system.

I will then try to get the webman sorted as a few people have mentioned it and newer tube vids seem to have it on more often that mutliman.

Is there a link on here on how to load the rebug lite or how to upgrade from rogero 4.55. i will just follow that and get the ball rolling.

I had a feeling the system might be out of date

cheers

susi91

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by susi91,

godzillafan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The rebug.me site is down for whatever reason, but the wayback machine has it:
https://web.archive.org/web/2020051...e-cobra-8-2-toolbox-2-03-04-april-fools-2020/
The download link is in a zip file, see the bottom of the page.

PS: Download the toolbox too, in order to enable cobra mode...

Updated to rebug lite and at the same time updated multiman and webmod. Toolbox was a little odd, nit sure how best to config that - will check out a video, to see how to config it to work with the rebug. I think I might need to enable a few things!

Cheers again

susi91

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Toolbox was a little odd, nit sure how best to config that - will check out a video, to see how to config it to work with the rebug. I think I might need to enable a few things!

Cheers again

Alright :) There are just two things to enable with the rebug toolbox:
Enable the 'cobra' mode and toggle 'QA' flag to on. Done.

godzillafan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Been meaning to update this and confirm. i ahve maanged to get to the latest mods installed and got it wall working with the help of some tube vids and tinker!

I will expand on this shortly, as I am working on the ps4 now, so had to unplug it all to make space on the desk to get the ps4 setup!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh
    ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too:rofl2:
    Oh god, I really am old. lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @SylverReZ, sup Sylv!
    +1
    Anyway, I gotta go to the store. L8er guys. Oops, I better put some clothes on :shy::tpi::rofl2:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Hey there Sickly.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Make sure the cops don't see that.
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: hi