Hacking Updating IOS?

GizmoDVD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to play New Super Mario via NeoGamma 9 release 1 and it keeps going to a green screen. I says in NeoGamma 'NeoGamma R9 Beta 1, IOS249 Rev 17'. Do I need to update?

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
try a different mode, what region is the game and what region are you. or you know you could always search first, since theres been 5million threads on how to get this to work.

Evil-Popeye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
GizmoDVD said:
I'm trying to play New Super Mario via NeoGamma 9 release 1 and it keeps going to a green screen. I says in NeoGamma 'NeoGamma R9 Beta 1, IOS249 Rev 17'. Do I need to update?

Your trying to load a game from a different region than your wii's region. Backups are not region free, you have to use the same region as your wii.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Evil-Popeye said:
GizmoDVD said:

Your trying to load a game from a different region than your wii's region. Backups are not region free, you have to use the same region as your wii.
You can load games outside of your region with NeoGamma.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tattar8 said:
Evil-Popeye said:
GizmoDVD said:

That doesn't always work and you have you have to set it to the region you want to be forced in the settings, it's always best to get an ios from your region rather than another and trying to force it.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BobTheJoeBob said:
tattar8 said:
Evil-Popeye said:
GizmoDVD said:

That doesn't always work and you have you have to set it to the region you want to be forced in the settings, it's always best to get an ios from your region rather than another and trying to force it.
All IOS's are region free, you're confusing them with games.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tattar8 said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
tattar8 said:
Evil-Popeye said:
GizmoDVD said:

All IOS's are region free, you're confusing them with games.

That's the thing, he's trying to run an ios GAME, and game's on the wii are not region free.

leondmsmith

Trophies
XP
Country
Pretty sure you can get region free games, they come up as RF in WBFS Manager, also you can use preloader to play out of region games and wii ware, also what do you mean by an IOS GAME? All games require IOS.

Evil-Popeye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
leondmsmith said:
Pretty sure you can get region free games, they come up as RF in WBFS Manager, also you can use preloader to play out of region games and wii ware, also what do you mean by an IOS GAME? All games require IOS.
I thought region free only referred to bought games. I've never heard of region free backups. Are backups region free now too
ohmy.gif
?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wow...lots of confusion in this threaddy. Time to 'xplain a couple things.
BobTheJoeBob said:
That's the thing, he's trying to run an ios GAME, and game's on the wii are not region free.
blink.gif

Say what? What the hell is "an ios game"?

Anyhow...I think you don't quite understand what tattar's saying. Games (both backups and originals) are restricted to regions (PAL for Europe, NTSC for America, NTSC-J for Japan). Your wii has lots of different IOS'es inside, and games need a particular one to run. Those IOS'es are different per region.

Custom IOS'es such as Waninkoko's cIOS rev17, however, are region free. They can run games from any region. You do need to specify, though, which region the game is, because the regions have different outputs. If your TV can only receive NTSC and the game is from a PAL region, the game will - from a technical view - work. However...your TV will receive the PAL data, find out that it can't play the data because it's in a different format, and will show you a black or green screen.

@leondmsmith: you are confusing wii games with wiiware games. These can indeed be "region freed". This is simple, because the region free-ing is just changing a few internal bytes. And indeed, preloader (and priiloader) can use hacks to simply ignore that region setting. However, the principal of the output still remains: if your television can only receive a certain video mode, you must force games that don't automatically use that mode to use it.

TrushInfoor you know you could always search first, since theres been 5million threads on how to get this to work.
That's true. However, about 4.9 million of those threads are about the anticheat protection that kicks in at random times after booting. Considering Gizmo's game shows a black screen, he isn't suffering from that problem (yet).
smile.gif

GizmoDVD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
Wow...lots of confusion in this threaddy. Time to 'xplain a couple things.
BobTheJoeBob said:
blink.gif

Say what? What the hell is "an ios game"?

Anyhow...I think you don't quite understand what tattar's saying. Games (both backups and originals) are restricted to regions (PAL for Europe, NTSC for America, NTSC-J for Japan). Your wii has lots of different IOS'es inside, and games need a particular one to run. Those IOS'es are different per region.

Custom IOS'es such as Waninkoko's cIOS rev17, however, are region free. They can run games from any region. You do need to specify, though, which region the game is, because the regions have different outputs. If your TV can only receive NTSC and the game is from a PAL region, the game will - from a technical view - work. However...your TV will receive the PAL data, find out that it can't play the data because it's in a different format, and will show you a black or green screen.

@leondmsmith: you are confusing wii games with wiiware games. These can indeed be "region freed". This is simple, because the region free-ing is just changing a few internal bytes. And indeed, preloader (and priiloader) can use hacks to simply ignore that region setting. However, the principal of the output still remains: if your television can only receive a certain video mode, you must force games that don't automatically use that mode to use it.

TrushInfoor you know you could always search first, since theres been 5million threads on how to get this to work.
That's true. However, about 4.9 million of those threads are about the anticheat protection that kicks in at random times after booting. Considering Gizmo's game shows a black screen, he isn't suffering from that problem (yet).
smile.gif

Still no luck. Apparently it is a NTSC IOS and others report it working fine. I put my retail copy in and Neogamma loads it up just fine (though, 5 minutes into the start screen it gives me an error message).

elimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
smile.gif
Anti cheat protection? do I need to patch the iso to fix that? Is it only anti cheat or also anti pirate?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: