Homebrew Updating games on lower firmware?

xxbilxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any risk in updating a game on a lower firmware? For example, can some of the game updates only work on higher firmwares?

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there any risk in updating a game on a lower firmware? For example, can some of the game updates only work on higher firmwares?

I think you can update using cias, and if the update doesn't work or the game doesn't boot just uninstall it using FBI.

SilverGhost420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes u can but some update are not supported on lower system firmwere.
Like Super smash bros the recent update will not let u fully load the game on a lower firmwere then 10.x with out a cfw that's 10.x or up to date system.

xxbilxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes u can but some update are not supported on lower system firmwere.
Like Super smash bros the recent update will not let u fully load the game on a lower firmwere then 10.x with out a cfw that's 10.x or up to date system.
So I have to cryptofix the update myself to install it? That's what I was worried about. Since I don't want to lose my gamesave, I think that's what I'm going to need to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Hey, VSauce. Where are your fingers?