Hacking updating from old version of luma to new (need help)

buCKshoTZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys, i hacked my 3ds quite some time ago. roughly around or over a year ago. i am wanting to update the custom firmware on it. at the time that i did it i was into it and knew how to update files and such. i am capable of doing such now, i just want to be steered in the right direction. it has godmode 1.3.1, Luma3ds v9.1-bd15f51a, system version 11.9.0-42U. sadly i cant remember what other info to give u that would help in assisting me on updating.

i just know i had to use a 2ds with older version and cubicninja inject or something to even hack my 3ds. anyways, sorry if this info is already out there. i just dont want to brick my 3ds! thanks in advance!

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys, i hacked my 3ds quite some time ago. roughly around or over a year ago. i am wanting to update the custom firmware on it. at the time that i did it i was into it and knew how to update files and such. i am capable of doing such now, i just want to be steered in the right direction. it has godmode 1.3.1, Luma3ds v9.1-bd15f51a, system version 11.9.0-42U. sadly i cant remember what other info to give u that would help in assisting me on updating.

i just know i had to use a 2ds with older version and cubicninja inject or something to even hack my 3ds. anyways, sorry if this info is already out there. i just dont want to brick my 3ds! thanks in advance!
Update to 10.2 then update 3ds as normal

Reactions: buCKshoTZ
D

Deleted User

Download the Luma3DS release from here and copy the "boot.firm" and "boot.3dsx" files from the archive to the root of your SD Card. Then, after inserting the SD Card into the 3DS, use GodMode9 to copy the 0 (SD Card):/boot.firm to 1 (CTRNAND):/
If it says that the file already exists, then overwrite the previous file.

buCKshoTZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download the Luma3DS release from here and copy the "boot.firm" and "boot.3dsx" files from the archive to the root of your SD Card. Then, after inserting the SD Card into the 3DS, use GodMode9 to copy the 0 (SD Card):/boot.firm to 1 (CTRNAND):/
its giving me 2 options. copy path, or move path. i started to copy the path but then it said the path was locked and i backed out.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ok, nevermind the last post. i copied it. so, now i just reboot holding select, and then use the luma updater? after this. how do i update the freeshop and cia and all that stuff. will it update with luma?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
its giving me 2 options. copy path, or move path. i started to copy the path but then it said the path was locked and i backed out.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ok, nevermind the last post. i copied it. so, now i just reboot holding select, and then use the luma updater? after this. how do i update the freeshop and cia and all that stuff. will it update with luma?
Freeshop has long been a dead app. There isnt any reason other than maybe a nostalgic one to even keep it anymore. It will not work now, and will never work.

buCKshoTZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Freeshop has long been a dead app. There isnt any reason other than maybe a nostalgic one to even keep it anymore. It will not work now, and will never work.
fair enough, does fbi still work as intended with an updated luma? i just wanna load some more games onto it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it allows you to play ds games without a flash cart. though, some games don't work. it's the ultimate setup with a flash cart though.

buCKshoTZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it allows you to play ds games without a flash cart. though, some games don't work. it's the ultimate setup with a flash cart though.
ill still be able to download and play normal 3ds games like i did when i first jailbroke it right? i still have a bunch of them on it.

also, my system is updated to the newest luma i should be able to do a nintendo update without bricking it right?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright. thanks you guys have been great! i remember why i loved this forum so much back then. alot of what i knew then is coming back to me slowly. if i have any issues ill search it up! thanks again!

I'm here to help as best I can. right now, I'm trying to figure out the controller schema for wii u games through the meta.xml. downloading tropical freeze right now, which can use the pro controller. a lot of tickets are missing from early nes and snes games.

buCKshoTZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm here to help as best I can. right now, I'm trying to figure out the controller schema for wii u games through the meta.xml. downloading tropical freeze right now, which can use the pro controller. a lot of tickets are missing from early nes and snes games.
it would be cool if i could jailbreak my switch. but i just bought it and its already patched out of the box.

D

Deleted User

You do not need to use the Luma Updater, as the "boot.firm" you downloaded was the latest version of Luma. FBI can be updated by selecting the "Update" option in the app. FreeShop is obsolete, so delete it.

Reactions: buCKshoTZ

buCKshoTZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do not need to use the Luma Updater, as the "boot.firm" you downloaded was the latest version of Luma. FBI can be updated by selecting the "Update" option in the app. FreeShop is obsolete, so delete it.
thanks, i got it updated!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SugoiEndeavor @ SugoiEndeavor: What's up bakaz