Gaming Updating firmware from 1.5 to something that reads everything.

The_Hulkster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there!

Flashed my own box about a year and a half ago and I think it's about time I did an update.
Now, I have been banned so the security thing doesn't really matter and I just want to play every game that I have.

Turned some wave 4 and 5 games into wave 3, so the if I use a firmware that requires well patched games it will block out most of my games.
So I'm looking for a firmware that lets me play everything and I don't have to use an activation disc.

I know, I could go on patching waves, but if I decide to get another box I'd probably like to play at least some of the games I already have.

So, basically I'm just looking a firmware for lite-on that plays everything. I know they exists, I'm just not too sure where to look as they are not in the usual place.

Thanks in advance for your replies!
smile.gif

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firmware 1.6NS will play everything.
If you get another Xbox to flash, you will need iXtreme LT, and all your games will most likely need to be reburn or you will risk (quite easily) getting banned.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use 1.6NS (1.61NS may have compatibility problem as FAST says) 1.61NS (I didn't remember if 1.61 came out for lite-on), there was no difference besides added wave 4 protection and maybe bug fixes, but it is non stealth anyway. It should not make a difference.

You can also run LT if you like, it also seems to run everything. But people recommend the NS firmware for banned consoles for some reason

edit: as Fast says Jtag it if possible, it will allow homebrew and unsigned codes.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
LT will run everything as long as you have it as splitvid (your stuff probably will not be) so 1.6NS is the superior offline firmware.

I say 1.6NS myself- heard of some people having issues with 1.61NS and/or it just being a rebadge/fake of a sort.

Also re banned- just checking it was last year and not the year before. If indeed it was banned the year before then you might not have updated the firmware and if so you have the option of turning it into a JTAG machine:
First few lines will sort it for you
https://docs.google.com/View?id=dnfmv5h_30dw33vpf4

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
LT will run everything as long as you have it as splitvid (you stuff probably will not be) so 1.6NS is the superior offline firmware.

Are you positive about that? I ran a few games that was not splitvid correctly and had no problem.

QUOTE(FAST6191 @ Oct 29 2010, 08:15 PM) I say 1.6NS myself- heard of some people having issues with 1.61NS and/or it just being a rebadge/fake of a sort.

I looked up 1.61NS and it is a two byte hex edit, not sure if 1.6NS was too or if completely different from 1.6.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water