Updating dstwo to latest firmware

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by elcravo, Dec 7, 2014.

1. elcravo
    OP

elcravo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Hi I'm trying to update my dstwo to firmware 1.25. To do this I downloaded dstwoupdate.dat, renamed it to dstwoupdateb.dat and after this launched alex rider with dstwoupdateb.dat in the root of my sd card. I then waited at least 10 minutes. After the wait I turned of my 3ds, removed dstwoupdateb.dat from the sd card and launched alex rider again but I still get the An error occured message.

My 3ds is on the latest firmware. I thought the dstwo was compatible with that firmware. Am I doing something wrong?

2. inbetween123

inbetween123 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Hi,

I have the same setup as you, having updated the dstwo and using a 3DS on the latest firmware.

For some reason, the dstwo sometimes just fails to start up, resulting in the "An Error has occured" message you described.

In those cases, I have to try to launch the dstwo a few times until it works, without having changed anything.

So go ahead and try it a few times again and see what happens.

I don't have a clue why that happens, maybe it has something to do with the (rather poor) build quality, the cart doesn't really fit nicely into the slot and all.

3. elcravo
    OP

elcravo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Thanks, it's working now.