Hacking Updating CIA Games via arm9loaderhax ?

Chiqx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi. Ive installed arm9loaderhax and FBI and I move CIA files to the sd card via filezilla. When I started the pokemon game after installing it, it asked me if i want to update the software (the game). Should I press yes or no? Is this dangerous?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can update games yes.

Just know any game that is not of the same region of the system you need to manually install cia update since the natural method doesn't work for games not of same region.

Chiqx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Its the USA Version but region free so it says (USA) (RF). Can I update it? Im from europe. ^^

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Every update region must coincide with the region of CIA installed. US titles = US update, EU titles = Europe update and JP titles = Japan update. No mix n matching or they will fail and you will only be able to update EU titles from you're console, the rest will need manual CIA updates.

Last edited by retrofan_k,

Chiqx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah but as I said it says (USA) (RF). Its the USA version but its region free. What about that?

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Yeah but as I said it says (USA) (RF). Its the USA version but its region free. What about that?

Like I said, every update needs to match the installed game. Doesn't matter if it's RF USA, you will need the USA cia update and you cannot do that from a EU console E-shop and vice versa with other different region consoles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."