Hacking Updating CFW on my PSVita that I have not used in around 2 years?

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I got my PSVita (Fat 1000 - Original Version), it was on FW 3.60. I modded it using Henkaku (Can't rememeber which version, nor do I know how to figure that out). After getting Henkaku set up, I used my Vita for about 6-9 months. I had mostly everything I could ever want on there. Then I put it down and didn't touch it for a few months. I also had started using "TaiHen - TaiHenkaku Offline" (I cannot remember why I started using TaiHen, instead of the original Henkaku).

So when I want to play my PSVita, if I am not playing a game that I have a cartridge for, I have to turn on my Vita, and open the Email App, and I have 1 Email there, that says TaiHenkaku Offline. I am not sure which version/release I am using...
But I DO know that on the date of the email it says 7/29/2016, and when the CFW loads with the black screen, I see at the top left corner that it says Henkaku R10.

Anyways, eventually I picked it back up after the exploit was released that let you play games that required 3.65+ (Could NOT WAIT to play SOA: Hollow Realization)!

So after playing SAO: HR, I again... put down my Vita... Until now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I am curious to start playing some great PSVita games again, but I want to update to the newest and best CFW, and I want to be able to play the newer games that require higher than 3.60 OFW.

The only thing that I DO NOT WANT TO DO, if I don't HAVE TO DO IT, is setting up the CFW to be permanently on my Vita, where it is auto loaded into CFW when I turn on the Vita.

Like I said, If I don't have to do that, I don't want to. But If it is a requirement to play the newest games that require 3.65+ OFW, then I guess I have no choice.

I am trying to figure out how exactly do I go about getting the best/newest CFW on my PSVita, and/or How do I remove the CFW that I am currently using?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TL;DR - KEEP IN MIND THAT I HAVE NOT TOUCHED MY PSVITA EVER SINCE THE ORIGINAL EXPLOIT CAME OUT THAT LET YOU PLAY GAMES THAT REQUIRED 3.65+ OFW (AND I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE BASIC FW VERSION SPOOF THAT WE USED TO USE YEARS AGO FOR BASIC THINGS. THAT DID NOT WORK FOR GAMES, BUT I'M SURE MOST OF YOU ALL KNEW THAT)... SO SOMEWHERE AROUND A YEAR OR TWO.

I EXPLAIN EVERYTHING IN THE PARAGRAPHS ABOVE, I KNOW IT'S A LOT OF TEXT (NOT REALLY LOL), BUT IT WOULD HELP IF YOU HAVE READ IT ALL, THANKS A BUNCH!!!!

I AM CURRENTLY ON HENKAKU R10/TAIHENKAKU OFFLINE, WHERE I HAVE TO OPEN THE EMAIL APP AND GO TO THE TAIHENKAKU OFFLINE EMAIL TO LOAD INTO CFW, EVERYTIME I TURN ON MY PSVITA.

I DON'T KNOW THE EXACT VERSION OF HENKAKU/TAIHENKAKU OFFLINE THAT I AM CURRENTLY USING, ALL I KNOW IS THAT WHEN HENKAKU IS LOADING UP AND IT SHOWS THE BLACK SCREEN WITH THE CFW LOADING TEXT ETC, ON THE TOP LEFT IT SAYS "HENKAKU R10", AND THE EMAIL THAT I HAVE FOR TAIHENKAKU IN ORDER TO LOAD THE CFW ON MY VITA, SAYS 7/29/2016, SO I ASSUME I AM USING WHICHEVER VERSION/RELEASE WAS OUT ON THAT DATE.

1. How do I update to the best/newest current CFW, that works on 3.60 OFW?

2. Do I need to remove the Henkaku r10/TaiHenkaku Offline that I am currently using?

3. Is this going to REQUIRE me to set my Vita up so it automatically loads into CFW when I turn it on? (If so, then I would rather not do that). I don't want to do that if it is NOT a requirement. I would like to be able to load and unload CFW freely when I want.

4. Is there a risk in updating/changing to the best/newest CFW?

5. Will I be able to play games that require 3.65+ OFW? Because I remember when some sort of exploit came out that made it so you could play these games on 3.60 CFW, and I used that to play SAO: Hollow Realization, but I do not remember how to do it, nor do I remember what it was called or anything.

6. If I have to set something up AFTER updating to the newest cfw version, in order to play games that require 3.65+ OFW, can someone explain to me how that is done? Like I said... I don't rememeber how I did it for SAO: HR, nor do I remember what it was called or anything...

P.S - THE MAIN REASON I AM TRYING TO UPDATE TO THE BEST/NEWEST VERSION OF CFW ON PSVITA, IS BECAUSE I GOT A COUPLE PS4'S NOW, AND I AM TRYING TO USE REMOTE PLAY WHILE I AM NOT HOME, WITH MY PSVITA. I HAVE REMOTEPLAY WORKLING FINE WHILE AT HOME ON THE SAME NETWORK, RUNS FLAWLESSLY, LITERALLY. BUT I WANT TO USE IT WHILE I AM OUT AT CERTAIN PLACES, LIKE TOMORROW I WILL BE AT THE HOSPITAL ALL DAY AND EVENING VISITING MY GRANDFATHER. SO I WANT TO USE MY PHONES MOBILE HOTSPOT TO USE REMOTE PLAY ON MY PSVITA WITH MY PS4 AT HOME...
THE PROBLEM THAT I AM RUNNING INTO THOUGH, IS THAT MY VITA WANTS ME TO CONNECT TO PSN, WHICH I CAN'T DO BECAUSE IT ASKS FOR ME TO UPDATE MY FIRMWARE, AND I HAVE READ AND SEEN PEOPLE WHO USE SOME SORT OF NEWER CFW THAT LETS YOU CONNECT TO PSN WHILE ON CFW.

I ALSO HEARD THERE WAS SOMETHING SIMILAR TO 90DNS ON THE NINTENDO SWITCH, BUT FOR PSVITA. WHERE YOU CAN USE A CUSTOM DNS AND IT BLOCKS YOUR VITA FROM CONNECTING TO CERTAIN SONY SERVERS AND ALLOWS YOU TO BYPASS THE FIRMWARE UPDATE REQUIREMENTS AND LOG IN TO PSN. I HAVE ACTUALLY READ THAT ON 2 DIFFERENT WEBSITES, SEEN ON 1 YOUTUBE VIDEO OF IT WORKING, AND READ IT ON LIKE 10 REPLIES ON A REDDIT POST ASKING THE SAME QUESTIONS THAT I AM. BUT WHEN I TRIED IT, IT DID NOT WORK FOR ME, AND I AM UNSURE WHY. APPARENTLY IT WORKS SPECIFICALLY FOR 3.60 OFW WITH HENKAKU, AND THAT IS WHAT I HAVE, SO I AM UNSURE WHY IT DID NOT WORK FOR ME.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This community is ALWAYS so helpful...

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Last edited by BLCKBLuR,
D

Deleted User

1. so you are on 3.60 and dont have enso (cfw that boots right when you power on vita)
you can use your method of henkaku and then install enso_ex.vpk using vitashell/molecularshell (this will make cfw start at boot) (you cant really toggle it on or off other than reinstalling the firmware)

2. idk if you need to uninstall the previous henkaku

3. you cant unload and reload cfw when you want, its either on at boot or you can reinstall firmware to boot without cfw

4. no

5. yes with repatch and compatibility packs to launch newer games on lower firwmare

6. idk what you mean

since you haven't been in the scene for 2 years theres a bunch of neat homebrew that you should check out (my personal recommendations)
heres some random homebrew that i like that you might be interested in trying out
adrenaline - psp on vita but you can use your backups and psp homebrew, literally like having a psp and vita in one device.
repatch - lets you install mods and compatibility packs to launch games on lower firmware
nonpdrm - play backups (games and dlc) on vita
custom themes manager - install custom themes on vita
vitashell - file browser and ftp client, can play music as well
pkgj - download free games right on vita
vitagrafix - increase resolution of vita games (some are downscaled to save battery/processing power)
lolicon - overclock your vita as well as swap O/X for japanese games
retroarch - multiemulator (plays games from nes, snes, gba, gb, gbc, etc)
autoplugin - installs plugins easily
pngshot - saves screenshots in better quality, in png
shellsecbat - shows battery percent and time in seconds
ds4vita - use ps4 controller with vita
ds3vita - use ps3 controller with vita

D

Deleted User

forgot to mention that you dont really need to use a dns, because henkaku settings replaces system update and you can disable update downloads from autostart settings

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's also an updater referenced in the vita guide. it can disable game or system updates. system updates restarts the console. if you have them disabled, then click on disabling them again, it will error. at which point, qcma becomes unstable until you restart. either way, system updates = need to restart the system.

bbking67

FAMILY FIRST
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So my 2 cents...

1. How do I update to the best/newest current CFW, that works on 3.60 OFW?

There are many advantages to staying on 3.60 and I'd recommend that. Everything will work, especially now with pkgj and ref00d. I don't have a PS4 so I dont know what is needed for those features, but I can tell you that 3.60 runs everything I have thrown at it (including games or updates that normally require 3.65.) You really should stick with 3.60. if you already upgraded you should be able to downgrade.

2. Do I need to remove the Henkaku r10/TaiHenkaku Offline that I am currently using?

Well if you want to you can install the latest and greatest, and if you choose to have it boot exploited. But you can likely keep doing what you are doing.

3. Is this going to REQUIRE me to set my Vita up so it automatically loads into CFW when I turn it on? (If so, then I would rather not do that). I don't want to do that if it is NOT a requirement. I would like to be able to load and unload CFW freely when I want.

Nope, its a choice.

4. Is there a risk in updating/changing to the best/newest CFW?

Yes, but should still be hackable with a few constraints. Stay on 3.60 is you can!

5. Will I be able to play games that require 3.65+ OFW? Because I remember when some sort of exploit came out that made it so you could play these games on 3.60 CFW, and I used that to play SAO: Hollow Realization, but I do not remember how to do it, nor do I remember what it was called or anything.

Yes easily.

6. If I have to set something up AFTER updating to the newest cfw version, in order to play games that require 3.65+ OFW, can someone explain to me how that is done? Like I said... I don't rememeber how I did it for SAO: HR, nor do I remember what it was called or anything...

well there are compatibility packs. Look at installing pkgj. All is there.

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. so you are on 3.60 and dont have enso (cfw that boots right when you power on vita)
you can use your method of henkaku and then install enso_ex.vpk using vitashell/molecularshell (this will make cfw start at boot) (you cant really toggle it on or off other than reinstalling the firmware)

2. idk if you need to uninstall the previous henkaku

3. you cant unload and reload cfw when you want, its either on at boot or you can reinstall firmware to boot without cfw

4. no

5. yes with repatch and compatibility packs to launch newer games on lower firwmare

6. idk what you mean

since you haven't been in the scene for 2 years theres a bunch of neat homebrew that you should check out (my personal recommendations)
heres some random homebrew that i like that you might be interested in trying out
adrenaline - psp on vita but you can use your backups and psp homebrew, literally like having a psp and vita in one device.
repatch - lets you install mods and compatibility packs to launch games on lower firmware
nonpdrm - play backups (games and dlc) on vita
custom themes manager - install custom themes on vita
vitashell - file browser and ftp client, can play music as well
pkgj - download free games right on vita
vitagrafix - increase resolution of vita games (some are downscaled to save battery/processing power)
lolicon - overclock your vita as well as swap O/X for japanese games
retroarch - multiemulator (plays games from nes, snes, gba, gb, gbc, etc)
autoplugin - installs plugins easily
pngshot - saves screenshots in better quality, in png
shellsecbat - shows battery percent and time in seconds
ds4vita - use ps4 controller with vita
ds3vita - use ps3 controller with vita

there's also an updater referenced in the vita guide. it can disable game or system updates. system updates restarts the console. if you have them disabled, then click on disabling them again, it will error. at which point, qcma becomes unstable until you restart. either way, system updates = need to restart the system.

So my 2 cents...

Thank you EVERYONE for the replies! Sorry for taking so long to reply myself, lol. I have had a lot going on with my family and I wasn't on my computer for a few days because I was in the hospital.

I just want to say that you guys are incredibly helpful and I appreciate your replies!

I guess I will jsut stick on 3.60 if I don't NEED to upgrade my FW at all to play any of the latest games.
The main reason I was trying to figure this out though, is because I got a PS4 now (traded my xbox one s for it), but I wanted to use remotep lay with my vita... Which works PERFECTLY when I am on the same network. But when I was trying to set it up so I would be able to use remoteplay on my Vita, while I am not home, like while I was in the hospital for a few days this week, it requires me to update my FW in order for remote play to connect over the internet....

I am not sure why it works like this, but once I connect my Vita to the same network as my PS4, and try to use remote play... it works fine... But once I connect my Vita to a DIFFERENT network than the one my PS4 is on, it requires me to update my FW in order for it to work...

So I was trying to figure out if updating my FW is TRULY needed to do this, and if not, then how can I do it? Also, are there ANY OTHER benefits to upgrading to a higher FW or newer CFW. But if there aren't any, then I am completely fine and happy with my Vita the way it is ;]

Thanks a bunch!

ZeroSene

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
When on your own net, your PS4 know your Vita because it can detect the setting directly. On internet, PS4 and Vita cant do that and must use higher security through PSN account, and Sony dont like lower firmware because hack (duh). You need to google how to spoof PSN and connect to PSN without being detect using lower firmware.

D

Deleted User

When on your own net, your PS4 know your Vita because it can detect the setting directly. On internet, PS4 and Vita cant do that and must use higher security through PSN account, and Sony dont like lower firmware because hack (duh). You need to google how to spoof PSN and connect to PSN without being detect using lower firmware.
oh, didnt know that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol