Kylecito

eats warnings for breakfast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Heya GBATemp.

I've searched pretty much everywhere and I just cannot for the life of me find the upated versions of PokeBank and PokeTransporter, and there is no way for me to go online, as I have a 11.2 GW EmuNAND in a Japanese N3DS. I know you'll probably tell me to go AH9L but I like my GW and I don't feel like learning a new method and its pros and cons so... Is there any way I can access the eShop without updating or somehow only get the needed Pokebank and Pokemover updates in CIA?

THANKS!

Reactions: Marioiscool246

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Heya GBATemp.

I've searched pretty much everywhere and I just cannot for the life of me find the upated versions of PokeBank and PokeTransporter, and there is no way for me to go online, as I have a 11.2 GW EmuNAND in a Japanese N3DS. I know you'll probably tell me to go AH9L but I like my GW and I don't feel like learning a new method and its pros and cons so... Is there any way I can access the eShop without updating or somehow only get the needed Pokebank and Pokemover updates in CIA?

THANKS!

Are you kidding me it takes like maybe 30mins to install A9LH it's safe from bricks doesn't brick the console when updated to the newest firmware unlike Gateway region free with Luma you don't have to wait for someone to convert a CIA into a gateway compatible .3ds so many other things you could only wish for with that gateway.

Kylecito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
A9LH works with GW. It's only their launcher that doesn't work with 11.3 currently, so no loss at all.

And how would this work? I'd execute AH9L first and then execute GW through another exploit? :( The truth is I've been out of the 3DS exploit loop for some 2 years now so I am trapped in the past :P

I just want m-muh legit Mew transported from VC Red/Blue into SuMo :(

nccom

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
A9l won't help you and you don't need it as gw still won't work with 11.3 even when loaded via a9l.
Your options are:
1) CIAngel or freeshop to download app directly from nintendo servers, thats probably the best way but you'll have to get title keys for your apps. Freeshop has that full-but-not-very-legal database of keys and it should have that key included.
2) Bypass update via ctr-httpwn, not sure if it works atm.
3) Replace gateway launcher with luma one, boot it via your current method (menuhax i guess? or mset), update emunand to 11.3 and access eshop directly. BUT gateway won't work with 11.3 emunand atm so you'll be stuck with luma and no way to play games from red card or cheat in games.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
And how would this work? I'd execute AH9L first and then execute GW through another exploit? :( The truth is I've been out of the 3DS exploit loop for some 2 years now so I am trapped in the past :P

I just want m-muh legit Mew transported from VC Red/Blue into SuMo :(

You just run GW using their arm9loaderhax.bin, as a shortcut on boot after you installed a9lh. Suggest you read up on the 3ds guide on how install a9lh and how to use gw's payload, that way you have best of both, yet gw does not work on 11.3 so be aware of that.

Kylecito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Thank you everyone for your replies

You just run GW using their arm9loaderhax.bin, as a shortcut on boot after you installed a9lh. Suggest you read up on the 3ds guide on how install a9lh and how to use gw's payload, that way you have best of both, yet gw does not work on 11.3 so be aware of that.

Alright... so, if I just dumped GW and installed A9LH fresh on my 9.2.0 sysnand would I still be able to use the saves from my old GW emuNAND if I put them through SaveDataFiler, erase their secure values and re-import them into my new A9LH system? Does a9LH interface directly with the sysnand or is it some kind of emunand too? And finally... Would I be able to run the latest version and go online as normal? (even if i'm stuck with the JP eShop)

THANKS

Marioiscool246

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have FBI or DevMenu you can permanently bypass the update nag by installing the latest friends system module CIA. I did that to my 9.2 3ds for online access with GW+NTR

EDIT:
Also make sure you download the right fsm for your region

Last edited by Marioiscool246,

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
you just need to implement a9lh to gw emunand, you dont have any problems using gw in that setup, just keep emunand in 11.2 and use freeshop or ciangel

Kylecito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
If you have FBI or DevMenu you can permanently bypass the update nag by installing the latest friends system module CIA. I did that to my 9.2 3ds for online access with GW+NTR

EDIT:
Also make sure you download the right fsm for your region

May I know where to get the FSM files? Can I search for it directly from CIAngel? I'll make a full copy of the MicroSD with Win32DiskImager so I have no problem messing up the emunand in trial and error :P I just need some pointers

thanks!

Marioiscool246

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I know where to get the FSM files? Can I search for it directly from CIAngel? I'll make a full copy of the MicroSD with Win32DiskImager so I have no problem messing up the emunand in trial and error :P I just need some pointers

thanks!

Use a application for windows called CDN-FX google it and there will be a gbatemp thread (i cant link it rn) with a download. And then install a titlekey.bin from that titlekeys site and search for "friends system module" or "fs" (i think) and download it and install the cia on your gw 3ds (or a 3ds with a firm thats 11.1 and under) then your ready to go!

Kylecito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Thank you everyone for your posts, especially Marioiscool246 who also helped me through PMs.

In the end, I stitched together a frankenfirmware with the newest NVER, FRIENDLISTMODULE and ESHOP/MINT. I can go on Miiverse now and start up PokeBank and PokeMover. eShop still doesn't work as it asks me to system update. In any case, I still cannot run PokeBank as it doesn't detect my saved game. Reading around GBATemp it seems to be a GW problem, as people claim running NTR CFW on top of GW lets them use the Bank. I'll try that and play around, and once I have time I think I'll finally make the switch to A9HL and dump this GW garbage. Only thing I'll miss is being able to take out the red card and directly copy .3ds games into the mSD instead of having to turn off the system to remove the internal card, copy .cias and install :( (I know there's network install on FBI but it still doesn't let you copy other kind of files afaik)

In any case, I'll report if PKBANK works after running NTR on top of GW on top of a mess of a firmware :P

Kylecito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Alright, even though PokeBank works, it asks for a system update to run so I'll cave in and do the A9HL process. I have one last question which is not covered on Plailect's guide. There is an option for "restoring EmuNAND", which supposedly keeps all my stuff from my GW EmuNAND. My question is, what is specifically carried over? Only saves? Tickets? I ask because I'm already using a frankenfirmware and I linked a NNID to this EmuNAND. Would this cause problems if I tried to restore? Or am I better starting off fresh and reinjecting the game saves I backed up with SDF?

Thanks again, and hopefully last time I bother everyone with my questions :P

Kylecito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
ALRIGHT I MADE THIS SHIT WORK.

I spent like 3 entire damn days researching and trying stuff but it finally paid off. THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP. I can finally Use the PokeBank and also transfer my guys from Pokemon Red VC into Su/Mo with GW and no updating.

Here is the setup. I'm using GATEWAY EMUNAND 11.2.

FIRST you need to install these CIAs:
* FBI (Latest version)
* NTR CFW (The NTR BOOT SELECTOR APP WON'T WORK WITH THIS SETUP! I use "The New NTR CFW")
* CIAngel.

Now you go through these steps. Everything is done on the EMUNAND. Start with a fresh EmuNAND reboot just in case.

- Use CIAngel to download and install both Pokemon Bank and Pokemon Transporter (and its updates)
- Install the NEW NTR CFW CIA
- Use FBI's TitleDB feature to install "hblauncher_loader v1.3".
- POWER OFF YOUR CONSOLE, and go into your GW EMUNAND again. (This step is because you need a fresh reboot for the rest of this to work. ROP chains are fickle creatures)
- Run the HB Launcher. It should come with "ctr-httpwn v1.2" preinstalled. Run this ctr-httpwn. Wait for it to finish doing its stuff.
- Press START like it says. It will send you back to the HB Launcher Menu. Press Start again and "Return to Home Menu (No reboot)". It's the X button.
- The app will error out, don't worry.
*NOTE: the ctr-httpwn readme says [Do not run this application with a "CFW" {Force L2-cache} option enabled.] I'm not sure if this means enabling maximum N3DS clock speed in NTR (along with L2 Cache), but for safety, I am ONLY using default clocks when playing around with the PokeBank*
- Now, run THE NEW NTR CFW. It will run some stuff and then say "ERROR: unknown Home Menu". Don't worry, it seems it still patches whatever is needed for PokeBank to work (If you don't do this, the Bank will say "No compatible game save data detected"). Just press A and then HOME to return to the home menu.
- Voila!
biggrin.png
You can run PokeBank and PokeTransporter now!

I bought a prepaid JP eShop card off play-asia to buy the 365 days bank membership.

This all seems like a long and tedious process, but that was just the setup and first run. Now, if you just want to play your game normally, you just boot into your emunand like you always do and play (you can use NTR CFW if you want special features like N3DS clock on your game and whatever). When you actually want to use the Bank/Transporter, you do these steps:

-Boot fresh into EMUNAND
-Run HB Launcher
-Run CTR-httpwn. Exit to home menu without reboot
-Run NEW NTR CFW. Let it error, press a button and HOME into menu.

Easy peasy, see
biggrin.png

It's all worth it once you see the cool ass message and the lil gameboy mark:
https://puu.sh/uzZBr/92a2bd03fe.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself