Updating a9lh on N3DS XL

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by noX1609, Nov 19, 2016.

1. noX1609
    OP

noX1609 B9S freak ;)

Aug 30, 2016
    Germany
    Hi,

i wanted to update a9lh on my New 3DS XL to the latest Version (Version 3).

I already read the Guide for doing that but on the N3DS XL the Tool uses the OTPLess Methode and thats not what i want because i have the OTP File for my Console.

So could you please help me what i have to do for the installer using the OTP Methode and not this (stupid) OTP Less thing that can brick the console?

Do i have to use an older version of the updater? If so which version?

Or do i just have to copy the OTP.bin in one of the folders so the tool is using it on N3DS?

There is saidly nothing about the OTP in the Updating a9lh Guide :(

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian derp

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
  3. noX1609
    OP

noX1609 B9S freak ;)

Aug 30, 2016
    Germany
    As i said i already read this Tutorial but there is not mentioned where the OTP have to put in so it don't using the OTPLess Method because there is a chance of bricking the 3ds. Because of that Ive done the install of a9lh with the old Method so i have the OTP save and don't have to use the OTPLess Method.

Or is the OTP not nessessary for updating if a9lh is already installed in an older version?

I just want to be sure because i don't have a hardmod and if it bricks then i have a problem and have to do the hardmod.

4. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    OTP is not necessary for updating, you are getting mixed up between installing it for the first time and updating it.