Updating a 1.02e and modded vWii question

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by TinyBilbo, Sep 20, 2013.

1. TinyBilbo
    OP

TinyBilbo GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2007
    United States
    I've got a WiiU on 1.02e and have succesfully patched the vWii to install HBC and USB LoaderGX.
    I followed this guide
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-install-cios-on-vwii-backup-nand-and-keys.339890/
    Everything installed correctly and I have the backups as well.

I never bothered setting up a network connection, and the WiiU has never been updated (hence the 1.02e system firmware).
    However I wanted USB LoaderGX to download all covers for my backups.
    So I went into the WiiU network settings, and set them.
    Now when I try to run vWii mode from the channel selection, it won't run saying that it needs system update.... when I disable the network the error goes away and I can run the vWii.

My question is - Can I update my system to the latest without fear of bricking or losing HBC and USB loaderGX?

The only reason I ask is that searching for "safe update" brings up a few threads that date back to about June or earlier (which suggest that it is ok to update) - However I am just being extra cautious by asking first :)

Thanks

2. Maxternal

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Nov 15, 2011
    Deep in GBAtemp addiction
    Don't worry. Nintendo hasn't done anything to stop Wii mode hacking yet. You can safely update all you want for now.

3. Maxternal

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Nov 15, 2011
    Deep in GBAtemp addiction
    Sorry for the double post. The page didn't update when I pressed the post button. Only thought to refresh the page after hitting the button twice.