Hacking Updating 5.1.0 to 6.0 - Homebrew Compatibility

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So is it safe to also update the controllers? I read somewhere that it could allow an RCM Joy-con to not work any more (the right one)
It should be fine. My understanding is that if the joy cons are in normal mode they should update fine. mine has a switch which I can manually turn on and off to become the jig so I am going to put my joycon back in to “normal” mode and update that way so The system just sees stock Standard joycons

Last edited by fixingmytoys,

CobraX83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious if anyone may know what the issue is....updated the joycons etc on a brand new Switch and noticed the system will not stay in sleep mode. When I set the system to sleep mode it just wants to wake back up a couple seconds later. I was curious if there is any fix for this or if anyone else has experienced it. I am not completely heartbroken over it as I usually like to just shut my system off when not in use but was curious.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After a successful update from 5.1.0 to 6.0 I tried to run my SX OS ver 1.9, and works flawlessly without errors encountered, since the cfw is fine, I've check some of the homebrew applications that is compatible for version 6.0:
• Homebrew menu - Works flawlessly
• Checkpoint - Works fine
• Tinfoil -Works fine
• BOW Save file Editor - Works well
• NXShell - Works good also
• HBApstore - Still works
• FTPD - Works fine
• Edizon - Works good
• NES Emulator - Works Well
• Retronx - crash issue - not working
• zerotwoxci - Works fine
DevMenu - not working
Devmenu isn’t a homebrew app :P

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
So is it safe to also update the controllers? I read somewhere that it could allow an RCM Joy-con to not work any more (the right one)
I have a modded right joycon and you can update it at first on fw6.0 it cannot be seen as connected to the right rail "ghosting" if you go to settings and do a reset on the joycons do it about 4 times leave it alone for a while I did this then and eventually it just connects on its own, its quite safe to update the controllers.

Reactions: HideoKojima

Kri3tian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have my switch on 5.1, always on sx os 1.9.
Should i update via OTA? When restarted i just need to do the rcm boot again right?

Arindam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As of this moment devmenu has some problem in 6.0 well use tinfoil as an alternative
Noob question - how do I update a switch from 5.1.0 to 6.0.0? Do I boot back into OFW and then do an OTA update? Then back into SX OS using the injector tool? Will this not ban the console since it has a couple of NSPs? I know XCIs should not cause problems.

Ewwwww

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you use Nintendo switch online with the unofficial version of 6.0? I don't want to burn my switch's fuses.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Title installation broke for me, they all say 'cannot install ticket'
Also all installed games broke too.

2000Man

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
hello i updated 6.0 and also my joy cons, first my right jc can't be paired by attaching. But it works with bluetooth. And i try resetting, disconnecting all controllers and feeling sad and right when i am looking for answers in this post and my controller is paired :D so i can assume you can update them

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr