Hacking Updating 3ds and Exploits

midnight1001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok so this might seem like a stupid question and I'm sure it's been asked before... but it's been bothering me for a while now...
So the miiverse update for 3ds has just been released v 7 and my 3ds is currently using system firmware v6...
My question is this is there any point staying on version 6 or should I just go ahead and update?? I know exploits for gateway were patched but are there any potential hacks for v6 or is there a better chance that 6 will be hacked first? (Such as the hack we were shown earlier in the month by smealums)
I just don't want to update like I did before only to loose ability to use exploits like what happened with gateway for many of us...
Thoughts anyone? Much appreciated!

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok so this might seem like a stupid question and I'm sure it's been asked before... but it's been bothering me for a while now...
So the miiverse update for 3ds has just been released v 7 and my 3ds is currently using system firmware v6...
My question is this is there any point staying on version 6 or should I just go ahead and update?? I know exploits for gateway were patched but are there any potential hacks for v6 or is there a better chance that 6 will be hacked first? (Such as the hack we were shown earlier in the month by smealums)
I just don't want to update like I did before only to loose ability to use exploits like what happened with gateway for many of us...
Thoughts anyone? Much appreciated!

Update the exploit was patched after 4.5

inuyasha555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When a new exploit is found it would probably be found on the newest firmware. What's the point in looking for an exploit in like 5.0 right now? Everyone will be trying on 7.0.

fatcat1413

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the time a 7.0 exploit surfaces (If there ever will be one) Nintendo will come with a 7.x fw or 8.0 fw to patch the exploit making it useless for people who already updated to that firmware, then the same thing will continue happening in a cycle ;)

n1ghty

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
1. Backup your NAND (system 6.3) with a hardware mod.
2. Update your NAND to the latest system version.
3. ???
4. PROFIT!!!

Swing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crap I'm updating my 3DS right now, cuz I want Bravely Default, anyways I decided to update before I quit reading topics. Did that screw me over in anyway?

darkziosj

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Crap I'm updating my 3DS right now, cuz I want Bravely Default, anyways I decided to update before I quit reading topics. Did that screw me over in anyway?

from what i read if you update to 7.0+ you can't play sdk 5.0 games that includes bravely default.

n1ghty

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
We don't know if someone finds a new exploit in 5.X and up. And if there is an usable exploit, it could be only for system version 5.1, 6.3 or the latest.
So updating to the newest firmwares not that bad. By staying on a lower firmware (or having a backup of one) you just have better chances for an exploitable firmware because you can then update to the exploitable one.

Swing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
letsee I haven't updated it for months. I should have looked at the FW version but do you think it wouldn't have made a difference if I had FW from say... Summer/Fallish?

Swing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys since you're here I posted a topic in the Games section of the 3DS forum about getting BD, do ya think you could check it out and help a brotha out?

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DS Settings now boots SAFE_FIRM instead of NATIVE_FIRM now :P

What do you mean exactly? Crash or not? If it doesn't crash after installing and running the DS profile at all, mset haxx is fixed.

€:
If you meant, it boots profile settings in DS mode now, no it does not. Still runs in 3DS mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE