Updating 3.4U to run Skyward Sword

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Fufur, Nov 23, 2011.

Nov 23, 2011
  1. Fufur
    OP

Newcomer Fufur Newbie

United States
    Hey guys. Sorry to bother you with something that's probably really simple, I'm just having a really hard time of it.

I hacked my Wii a LOOOONG time ago, using Waninkoko's exploit, and havent really been keeping up with my system updates, etc. I'm stuck on 3.4U, but just bought Skyward Sword and can't play it.

I tried installing cIOS249 [56], and booting from DVD in Neogamma R9 beta 50, but no dice-- i also selected Block IOS reload in options. I just get sent back to the Boot-Mii menu.

Other than that, i'm not sure if i'm doing anything wrong. Anyone out there care to point me in the right direction?
    Thanks a bunch.

2. demonicstrife

Member demonicstrife *INSERTGENERICTITLE*

United States
    If you haven't, try installing the cIOS d2x v6 and using Priiloader to block the updates from the disc, and then running it from the standard disc channel. Other than that, there's Modmii which will get you on the latest hacks and settings for running pretty much anything up to this point.

Since it's the real game, sounds like you may have an outdated IOS for the Motion+ (or none at all, not sure which one it uses), in which case, Modmii would still help.

1 person likes this.
  3. Fufur
    OP

Newcomer Fufur Newbie

United States

I wish i'd gotten this just a bit sooner. In the end, after trying 15 different things, i took a risk and system updated from the disk after deleting the homebrew channel. Seems to have worked out though-- my wii still turns on, and plays the game.

Your advice wont be in vain though; Priiloader was something i didnt really know the scope of. You've cleared up the foggy bits for me by pointing it out again. Once I'm done with SS, i'll be using Mauifrog's guide to softmod any wii, so i can play all my backed up disks with a USB loader. :3

Thanks a bunch!