Hacking Updated Wii?!?

Scrub66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I modded a 4.3 Wii for my buddy a couple months ago, last night he made the mistake of allowing a game update, now USB loader tells me that my ISO 249 is a stub and needs to be reinstalled. I tried to go into Boot Mii and it just froze on a black screen with the led ring around the DVD slot flashing.

What is my next step? I figured i would ask before I mess it up worse.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Use ModMii to rehack your Wii! I recommend you rehack it from scratch as if it were a virgin Wii. You could reinstall just what u lost from the update, but I don't think u did a great job hacking your wii in the first place otherwise u would have had the priiloader system menu hack enabled to block updates (not necessarily your fault, for all I know u could have been using a bad youtube guide)... so best to just rehack it as if it were a virgin using ModMii, to make sure u don't skip any steps.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you have usbloader_gx on it, you could try to run it on another cios like one of the hermes (202 , 222 , 223 , 224).
You can manually change the cios the program uses by editing the gxglobal.cg file.
I am unsure what get's erased by the system menu update, but I now for sure that information is available somewhere.
If you have never installed the hermes cios, that's not going to work. You maybe could try Wanikoko cios 249 if that one wasn't erased by the update. (You can't do any harm with that as far as I know.)
If you manage to get the program running again, I would run the homebrew syscheck program to see the condition of the ios.

Did you had bootmii as boot2 or as ios installed?

I assume the HBC is gone, but you can still launch the usbloader trough a channel?

Scrub66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
obcd said:
If you have usbloader_gx on it, you could try to run it on another cios like one of the hermes (202 , 222 , 223 , 224).
You can manually change the cios the program uses by editing the gxglobal.cg file.
I am unsure what get's erased by the system menu update, but I now for sure that information is available somewhere.
If you have never installed the hermes cios, that's not going to work. You maybe could try Wanikoko cios 249 if that one wasn't erased by the update. (You can't do any harm with that as far as I know.)
If you manage to get the program running again, I would run the homebrew syscheck program to see the condition of the ios.

Did you had bootmii as boot2 or as ios installed?

I assume the HBC is gone, but you can still launch the usbloader trough a channel?

Home Brew Channel is still there but all we had in there was USB Loader.

I used modmii to mod it the first time.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Maybe you should follow Xflak his advice. I thought you couldn't launch any homebrew anymore.
Still, running a syscheck won't hurt. It will show you all the ios that are installed.
As he said as well, a proper setup of priiloader should prevent disc updates and online updates.

Scrub66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
obcd said:
Maybe you should follow Xflak his advice. I thought you couldn't launch any homebrew anymore.
Still, running a syscheck won't hurt. It will show you all the ios that are installed.
As he said as well, a proper setup of priiloader should prevent disc updates and online updates.

Rehacked it from scratch using ModMii and all is working well now, some how when I did his Wii I missed the Priiloader part and did not block updates, but it is done now.

Thanks for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte