Hardware Updated Wii Sports Disc with new Wii???

pimpyT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a Wii right around Thanksgiving time. When I opened it, the Wiimote had the rubber jacket that Nintendo is now offering for free. When playing Wii Sports, it not only has reminders to use the new jacket, but the pictures of the Wiimotes on screen have the jacket on them. I figure that since this is a new offer from Nintendo, that it could not have been in the original Wii Sports released a year ago. Perhaps this is like version 1.01 or something? Anyone else with a new Wii notice this?

1493398608_02c82220c7_o.jpg

pimpyT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. Wasn't sure if they disabled the 91 pin strike cheat as well. Guess it's proof that I just suck at Wii Bowling.

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that the new pressings have SMG protection on them too. Some people were playing around with a personal backup copy when they found it.

InfernoZeus

Trophies
Website
radakan.org
XP
Country
I noticed in the picture of the jackets, the straps have the new 'lock clip'. Does anyone know if it is possible to get these straps separately from the new remotes so I can attach them to my older wiimotes? I've had the problem of the 'slider' sliding down a lot :S

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed in the picture of the jackets, the straps have the new 'lock clip'. Does anyone know if it is possible to get these straps separately from the new remotes so I can attach them to my older wiimotes? I've had the problem of the 'slider' sliding down a lot :S
Not sure about your country, but the US has a free replacement plan at nintendo.com for them

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a headsup, you will need to provide your Wii's specific serial code when you order your Wii condoms, and it's limited to 4 (although why you wouldn't get 4 is beyond me) supposedly from now on, All new Wiimotes and Wii consoles will ship with Wii condoms, so I'm assuming you should probably act now to get those freebies.

Did I mention how much I love my quill stylus for registering LoZ:PH a few months ago? It's grrrrrrrrrrreat!

InfernoZeus

Trophies
Website
radakan.org
XP
Country

Not sure about your country, but the US has a free replacement plan at nintendo.com for them
I live in Belgium, and they do have a free replacement plan, but i wasn't sure whether the 'lock clip' straps are included with the jackets.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s