Updated Wii Shop Channel and SDHC is disabled

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ProdigyChild, Sep 30, 2009.

Sep 30, 2009
  1. ProdigyChild
    OP

Newcomer ProdigyChild Newbie

United States
    I found a link in a topic that allowed to me to update my Wii Shop Channel while staying on 4.1, rather than updating to 4.2. I followed the instructions (here) and it successfully installed and updated the Wii Shop Channel, however when I try to use my SDHC card, it cannot be read as if the SDHC reading was disabled.

Here is my setup:
    4.1U
    CIOS 249
    8GB SanDisk SDHC Card
    bootmii
    (No I don't have preloader installed, doesn't successfully install)

This error happened right after I finished installing the IOS61 and the new Wii Shop Channel. Do I need a different version of IOS61 that I can install, or do I need to downgrade and upgrade back to 4.1U?

Thanks.

2. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    yeah my sdhc card stoped working as well...

3. ProdigyChild
    OP

Newcomer ProdigyChild Newbie

United States
    Well, at least I'm not the only one. I'm pretty sure it was the new IOS61 but I'm not sure. I'm hoping someone could shed some light on the subject and perhaps a fix.

4. donowprod

Newcomer donowprod Advanced Member

United States
    I want to update my shop channel while still staying on 4.1U. If I use WiiSCU or Marc's 4.2 Shop Channel Updater will the new ios61 break my sdhc compatibility?
    Has anyone successfully updated to newer channels and still have sdhc compatibility?

Thanks in advance.

5. zektor

Member zektor GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    SDHC works fine for me with the new channel.

6. donowprod

United States
    I will follow the steps from your guide. Thank You

7. donowprod

United States
    Did you use the latest IOS61 v5405 or IOS61 v4890 while installing the shop v17 channel

8. MadBob

Member MadBob Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!

United Kingdom
    I was already on 4.1e and used WiiSCU to install the shop only (nothing else) all works fine here.

9. bnm81002

Member bnm81002 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

which one is needed for the shop channel? also, where can I download it from? I tried searching on Google but couldn't find any downloads? thanks

10. IlluminiX

Member IlluminiX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Did anyone who had this issue figure out how to get their SDHC cards working again? I just migrated to 4.1U from 3.2U and my 4Gb Kingston SDHC card doesn't work in the SD menu. I have updated the IOS61 and Shop channel and wonder if I suffer from the same issue. My SDHC card works in the HBC and my computer so I doubt it's the card. Help!

11. zektor

Member zektor GBAtemp Maniac

United States

I just encountered the issue myself. I thought previously that my 16GB SDHC was working fine (it does still work in the HBC), but after the v18 shop channel update it is no longer functional in the Wii menu. It's almost like the update screwed up a driver somewhere. My older SD cards work fine, but this one that worked previously does not....heh. I restored a nand backup from before I performed the update and it is back to normal. I wouldn't suggest updating the shopping channel for now if you have a large SDHC card you depend on in the Wii menu (for VC/wiiware usage...or savegames)

12. Malev

Newcomer Malev Newbie

United States
    I used the safe 4.2 updater and updated to Shopping Channel v18. My softmodded Wii reads the SDHC, but I can't play games from the SD menu or transfer from the SD (I can transfer games onto the card but not back onto the system itself).

I tried downgrading back to v17 via a WAD, but the problem persists. I updated to v18 to receive my Club Nintendo Doc Louis Punch-Out!! wiiware. I use an 4GB SDHC.

Is there a way to revert back to shopping channel v17? Has anyone found a fix for this?

EDIT: Fixed it. Turns out I needed to restore the trucha bug to IOS70