Hacking Updated Wii By Mistake and Now Will Not Open Banner Bomb

Little Dub

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
Hope someone can help as my nephew has updated my Wii 4.1 to 4.2 from Nintendo update to give me the BBC I Player. I have tried to re-mod my Wii but now it will not open the banner bomb file. Can Anyone shed some light on what I can do about this situation.

Cheers

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
A common error you might run into....
http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/index.new.php

Note how it says "Press the SD card icon (for the SD menu). This is different from the last version. Then insert the card."

When it means use the SD menu on the Wii main menu below the disc channel (not the SD menu in Wii settings)
Also once you load that menu wait a second before inserting the SD card, if you launch the SD menu and insert the card before the SD menu fully loads it doesn't work.

I explain this at least once a week to someone.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Slimmmmmm said:

Note how it says "Press the SD card icon (for the SD menu). This is different from the last version. Then insert the card."

When it means use the SD menu on the Wii main menu below the disc channel (not the SD menu in Wii settings)
Also once you load that menu wait a second before inserting the SD card, if you launch the SD menu and insert the card before the SD menu fully loads it doesn't work.

I've never had a problem loading bannerbomb v2, and I have the sd card inserted before selecting the SD Card icon. So are u sure about your above statement? Because I am 100% sure its worked for me on at least 5 different wii's and I had the sd card inserted from even before powering on the wii (but now if I ever run into a problem, I will try it your way... but I highly doubt I'll ever run into any problems)

edit: it does say the same thing on the bannerbomb site... so maybe there is some truth to what u r saying, does any1 have any more info to report? I'd like to hear if any1 else was able to successfully launch bannerbomb with the SD card inserted in their wii BEFORE accessing the SD Card Button/Menu.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
XFlak said:
Slimmmmmm said:

I've never had a problem loading bannerbomb v2, and I have the sd card inserted before selecting the SD Card icon. So are u sure about your above statement? Because I am 100% sure its worked for me on at least 5 different wii's and I had the sd card inserted from even before powering on the wii (but now if I ever run into a problem, I will try it your way... but I highly doubt I'll ever run into any problems)

edit: it does say the same thing on the bannerbomb site... so maybe there is some truth to what u r saying, does any1 have any more info to report? I'd like to hear if any1 else was able to successfully launch bannerbomb with the SD card inserted in their wii BEFORE accessing the SD Card Button/Menu.
Worked for me with the SD card in, too. I guess it's just a precaution of some kind to ensure that bannerbomb works on most cases.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
thanks raulpica,

I'd like to hear if anyone was unable to load bannerbomb v2 with the SD card inserted before selecting the SD card Button/Menu.

The Complete softmod guide, the simplistic mod, and my NUSAD guides do not mention this precaution. So if this is a common issue, the guides should be updated.

So if u, or some1 u know, was only able to launch bannerbomb if they inserted the SD card after going to the SD Card Menu, please let me know so I can make sure the guides get updated

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Always works for me (5 times) with the SD card inserted at boot time, or soon after. Also works if you insert SD Card AFTER selecting the SD Icon.

PS: Only ever modded 4.2E Consoles so far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: