Updated - What do you think the best DS Flash Cart is??

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Lubbo, Dec 11, 2008.

?

Whats the best Flash Cart?

1. R4 Revolution DS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. M3 DS Real (with Sakura firmware)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Supercard DS One

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Acekard 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. CycloDS Evolution

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Edge DS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. DS-X

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. M3DS Simply

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. G6 DS Real

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. DSTT

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Other.....

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Lubbo
    OP

Member Lubbo GBAtemp Traceur

Australia
    Tell us what do you think the best flash cart is and why??

2. kashin

Member kashin GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    low price x quality (in my case) = DSTT, Bought from DSTT for $11, (They are half now) and it works perfectly smooth.
    But that's all i ask from a card, perfect playback. If you ache for constant savestates, then i guess Cyclo would be the way to go.
    I'd go for a DSTT though!

3. Earl

Member Earl GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    Only one i have tried is CycloDS , and it has word flawlessly so far.

4. haringtonl

Member haringtonl GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Err... how many of these topics have been made? OVER 9000??????????????????? yeaaaa i voted.

5. Son of Spam

Newcomer Son of Spam Member

United States
    In terms of price to performance, I would say the TopToy. It is under $7 and has all of the standard features like sdhc, download play, easy-to-use cheats, auto dldi patching, ect. Plus it has the YSMenu, which gets rid of the the lack of alphabetizing and file browsing and native support for the EZ Flash 3in1. The only weaknesses I see are not having some of the more advanced features, such as Real-Time Save, Real-Time Guide, Slo-mo, and Wii connectivity, but then you have to ask yourself if these features are worth an additional $40-45.

6. aphirst

Member aphirst "Aren't girls with pee-pees just men?"

Germany
    Acekard 2 IMO, mainly because of the low price on DX and the massive development on AKAIO.

Who the hell chose the R4? [​IMG]

And what about the EZ5+ ? I think that's the only major cart (i.e. not clone/fake) you missed off - you could probably replace the "other" option with EZ-Flash V+ [​IMG]

7. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    lol. R4DS xDD

Maybe they chose it because of the simpleness of the GUI. I liked it, but there was just too many fakes and the firmware was never updated again....

I chose AceKard 2. Mainly cause it's cheap and his a very nice GUI>!

8. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    the poll pretty much go the exact same way every time this type of thread is made

9. taken

Member taken GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I am lucky I got an Edge and a Cyclods evo.

The Edge is easy for great gaming.

But the Cyclo ds evo is better connect with the nintendo Wii (likes the game animal crossing.

yes i voted for the evo

10. noONE

Member noONE ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sweden
    ^
    Uhm.. you haven't tried connecting to Wii with AC have you?.. it doesnt work with ANY flashcard.
    But yes CycloDS Evo. is one of many cards that support Wii connectivity from within games.

Another one?...

anyway.. why leave out Acekard R.P.G?.. the only card with dual memory solution.
    The card also has almost all the other major features the other cards got and on top of that, it's open source (AKAIO!)

I voted other..

11. Pedobear

Banned Pedobear Banned

United States
    I like the Cyclo cuz I own it, but there isn't much advantages. I do, however, like that the Cyclo had an extra 2 MB added, which will be used for later. Hopefully they finally add the new GUI and DSi Support without adding a new card to the market.

If you asked about companies, I would NOT vote for Cyclops; they have the shittiest support to mail (I sent 4 mails b4 they responded with an automated "you need to verify your email" email. Also, their forums are closed (WTF) because they can't/won't bother fixing spam problems. (*Cough* more moderators, buying some fuckin bandwidth, and getting a new board.) I also like the fact that they still do get spam when their forums are closed. They cover this up with their all-too-generous support (they'll sned you a new one, no strings attatched) with i don't have much of a problem with, but i would like the forums opened FTW.

EDIT: i LIKE how cyclo got a lot of votes too