Updated to rebug 4.41.2 games won't load off multiman? Help please

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by steveo581, Jun 11, 2013.

1. steveo581
    OP

steveo581 GBAtemp Regular

May 26, 2008
    United States
    US
    Hi, I updated and multiman (4.40) still launches and my psn games in the xmb still work but when I select a game in multiman, the disc with the game name doesnt show up in the xmb (if no disc in drive) or the disc just says the name of the game actually in the drive. Direct booting a game leads to black screen from multiman. Under firmware it says 4.41 and when I turn on the ps3 it says REBUG in the launch sequence so i think the update worked but I'm not sure I can't launch a game. Please help and thanks.

Used REBUG 4.41.2 Lite edition from the REBUG website

2. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    What custom firmware did you have installed before you updated?

The games that do not load from the HDD, do they have the original eBoot, or did you patch the eBoots to work with a different cfw?

3. steveo581
    OP

May 26, 2008
    United States
    US
    hi, i was coming from the latest trueblue. i unplugged the dongle before updating, so there it said I was 3.55

I'd guess most of the stuff I have are patched eboots to work with either tb or 3.55 (majority)

I tried heavy rain, patched for 3.55, direct boot, which went to black screen.

4. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    You may have to use the original eBoots to get the games working, not the patched eBoots. Do you have a game that was released before 3.55, one that doesn't have patched eBoot, a game like that should work.

5. mschumacher69

mschumacher69 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 26, 2013
    Planet Earth
    You might need to restore the original eboots and/or install the latest game updates for games that don't work.

But from what I read in your OP, your games don't seem to actually be mounting at all which doesn't have anything to do with patched eboots. Try re-enabling the BD-ROM emulator (bottom option in settings) and restart mM see if it works (if it's enabled, disable it and enable it again).

mechadylan likes this.
  6. steveo581
    OP

May 26, 2008
    United States
    US
    i enabled bd-rom emulator and now things seem to be ok, thanks gents

7. mechadylan

mechadylan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 18, 2009
    United States
    Lol; I did the exact same thing. @mschumacher69, you may want to include this on your tut for those of us that updated to mM 4.40.00 and used it before updating to Rebug 4.41.2; just a suggestion.

8. mschumacher69

mschumacher69 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 26, 2013
    Planet Earth
    Added :)

mechadylan likes this.